"I'm here" - Jeremy Renner

It was a works dinner and unfortunately I had to attend. I hated these kinds of things, especially when my anxiety was playing up.
"Pull yourself together y/n. You will be fine" you whispered to yourself. I looked in the mirror one more time before grabbing my clutch and heading towards the door.

"Have fun babe!" Your husband of 2 years, Jeremy, said as you passed the kitchen. "Thank you. Love you" I responded. "Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. I didn't want him to worry about me so I didn't say anything. "Promise?". "Promise". He gave me a kiss and I headed towards the restaurant.

Luckily it was in walking distance of our house so I walked slowly, trying to calm my nerves. As I approached the restaurant, everyone was gathered outside. "Y/n!" Beth shouted running up to you. You smiled and hugged her. "You alright?" She asked. "I'm very well thank you, how are you?" I replied. "Better now you're here" she laughed. "Right everyone is here so shall we make our way in?" My boss Sheila said. Everyone nodded and followed her.

We were all sat round talking and the feeling of panic started to arise inside my chest. My chest started tightening and I could feel my hands shaking. I stood up abruptly. Everyone looked at me. "Um...i'm sorry...I don't feel well" I lied while grabbing my things and running home. I noticed Beth run after me but I didn't bother to look, the panic in me was growing stronger by the second.

I fumbled with the key in the lock. "Come on" I cursed. All I wanted to do was get in and curl into a ball. Suddenly the door swung open and Jeremy looked at me worried. "Darling?" He asked but I pushed passed him and ran to our room and curled into a ball in the corner. I started hyperventilating and I couldn't breathe. I felt myself falling sideways until I felt strong arms around me. "It's okay. I'm here" Jeremy softly spoke, rocking me in his arms.

After holding me and helping me to breathe, I was finally calm. "I knew something wasn't right when you left" he spoke. I just looked at the floor. I was now sat on the bed. Jeremy came and knelt in front of me. "Why didn't you tell me you were feeling like this?". Tears silently fell down my cheeks. "Because I thought I could do this. I thought I could shake this feeling away. I didn't want to worry you" I whispered. "Y/n, you know I will always be there for you. Please don't do this alone. Let me help you" he said, lifting my chin with his finger and wiping away my tears with his thumb. I nodded slowly and leaned into him. He stood up and got us both into bed and cuddled me. "Promise me you'll tell me next time" he whispered. "I promise". I looked at him and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. We both smiled and cuddled back down.