Chapter 23: Ember vs Yue

Start from the beginning

Weiss: I believe my sister's sister can win.

Ruby: I still think Ember has this.

Neptune: I'm with Ruby.

Miku: I don't care who wins.

Nora: Yeah!

Newt: Well... Technically speaking, Ember may have a fire semblance but...

They all look back as Ember fires three large fireballs at Yue only for her to smirk. Her hair and eyes changed and glowed red as she absorbed the fire, surprising everyone.

Yue: Surprise! I can do that too!
(Reference! Anyone who gets it, can make a random moment skit for this book!)

Yue raises her sword upwards as it was engulfed in flames. She swings it downwards as she creates a powerful flaming arc towards Ember. Ember dodges since that fire was coming in hot. (Pun intended) Ember charges at Yue only for Yue to parry her attacks and do counter attacks.

Ember: Is she toying with me?!

Ember gets pissed as she sends out a powerful fire blast at Yue. As the smoke settles, Yue wasn't even hurt.

Ember: What the?! Was she really toying with me from the start?!

She got her answer when Yue appeared behind her and slashed her multiple times, lowering her aura greatly. Ember backs off as she pants. Yue was barely tired but was still panting nonetheless.

Ember: You're good! But why are you holding back?

Yue: Want to lose so early?

Ember: Overconfident to much?

Yue: Nope. Just stating facts!

Newt: Yue isn't wrong. She could've finished this fight from the start.

Ruby: What do you mean?

Newt: Yue has a fire based transformation and since Ember's attacks are fire based, it will not affect Yue greatly. Ember's counter to her semblance is water based semblance. Which Yue also has.

And like what Newt said, Yue's hair and eyes changed into a ocean blue color as her sword was now engulfed in water.

Ember: Ah shi-

Ember never got to finish as she blocked an attack from Yue. And like Newt explained, Ember can't use her semblance properly due to her opponent being water based. She can't even start a fire since the water is preventing her from lighting a spark.

Ember: Damnit! That's why she was holding back! Fuck me!

Ember mentally cursed. But then again, she asked for this. Although this was a great challenge for her nonetheless. She charges at Yue but Yue dodges her attacks. She caught Yue off guard when she did a sweep kick but Yue recovers quickly and slashes Ember across the abdomen, greatly damaging her aura. Ember's aura dropped to 56% while Yue is still on 88%.

Ember: I'm ending this.

She stabs her sword to the ground as fire was erupting beneath Yue. It then exploded into a pillar of fire, like a volcano, damaging and lowering Yue's aura to 69%.

Yue: My turn!

(00:29 - 01-23)

Yue: PISCES! AQUARIUS! TIDAL WAVE!

Yue raised her hands as water started forming around them. Aurora and Ember were amazed. Ember because Yue was able to use both fire and water elements. Aurora because of what Yue is doing. Yue unleashed the water around them at Ember before throwing a lightning dust crystal, electrifying Ember inside. Yue disperses the water since Ember's aura was now on the red.

{Port: What a spectacular way on kicking off the finals.}

{Oobleck: Yue Goodwitch wins!}

Yue pants heavily since using something that powerful was too much for her to handle. She walks over to Ember and gives her a hand, which Ember gladly takes.

Ember: Looks like I underestimated your semblance.

Yue: You did. Heh, good fight though.

Ember: A good fight indeed.

The two walks out of the arena but Yue and her sisters had one thing in mind.

Fox Girls: Why does it feel like something bad is going to happen?