"I don't owe you a goddamn word!" Inferno hissed, turning for the door. 

     "Stop that!" he demanded slamming the door shut, "don't run away. You're barely even healed. I mean, we just got you back!" 

     "We?" Inferno finally unleashed, "we did nothing. I saved myself! I had to kill a woman. I broke her windpipe and snapped her neck." she got in his face. "Because you left! Do you have any idea what they did to me? The bastards chopped me up into pieces in the amount of time it takes to order a double cheeseburger. Did you know that? No, you don't, because you fucking left me here with these fucking assholes!" 

     His eyes were glowing and he looked to be in agony. "Listen, I would have told you had I known. My brother needed to see me-" 

     Inferno lost it. "Are you listening?!" she screamed, she hit his chest, "you're not listening! They beat me, they cut me, they burned me, they touched me! All because I was looking for you. It's all your fault. Why couldn't you have left me alone? I was fine before you!" With each word she hit him harder, with each word he would back up. Rouhem never once fought back. "Why can't you just leave me alone? Just leave me alone, everybody just leave me the hell alone, please!" 

     He got down on his knees as she kept screaming and shouting and hitting. His words were pleads for something she just wasn't quite sure how to give, or even if she was capable of giving. "I'm sorry, Inferno, I'm sorry, forgive me, I'm so sorry this happened."  

     Inferno was just so angry. "I can't-I gotta go." She raced away from his kneeling form.

     "Inferno, stop running." She didn't hear a thing. She couldn't even think. God help her, but if he wouldn't leave, she would. 

*****************************************

     Inferno had her head phones in as she boarded the plane. She didn't know how she got there, only registering her own impulsive need to run. She covered herself in a blanket and leaned her head against the wall. She opened the window cover to see the airport pavement. 

     A weight settled in next to her. She looked to her left and tensed. "Why are you here?" 

     "Apparently because I have a death wish." He buckled in. 

     Inferno chuckled. "Well, I am dying, so I guess we do have a middle ground." 

     Rouhem sighed and looked out the window with her. "Where are we going again?" The last of the coach was boarding. 

     "We?" Inferno demanded. She was still unforgiving. "God, if I didn't know it would cause a frenzy, I would jaw you back into the 90s." She was distracted by his hand as it laid just beside her thigh. 

     "I think you keep striking my face, becauce you think it will make me less attractive. Well, here comes the irrefutable truth: nothing can take away from this sexiness, so get used to it. Tell me, where are we going?" He had taken a water bottle and chugged it. 

     The pilot began to speak over the speaker. They would take off soon. 

     "I think it is time for a vacation."

******************************************

     Inferno let her body drift in the clear water. It was crystal clear, reflecting the beautiful blue from above. It was just warm enough. Warm enough for a swim. 

     Rouhem swam circles around her, never saying a word. It was nice, having room to think. 

     She sighed, kicking her legs out every once in a while, moving her arms through the silken sensations of the still water. Inferno closed her eyes and floated, registering the coolness beneath and the warmth above. It was just enough to calm her chaotic thoughts. 

     His voice was near. She decided to pretend like he wasn't there. "Who would've known that Inferno liked the beach? How does one buy a beach?" 

      She continued her floating. 

     "Still not talking to me? God, I must be crazy to complain about that." Wow, he really knew how to make a woman swoon. 

     She frowned, though impressed herself yet again by perpetuating the silence. 

     "I bet I could make you talk." This time he was inches away. Maybe somewhere by her feet. This was a dangerous game. 

     Maybe then was the opportunity to prove to the both of them that she was strong enough to ignore her attraction to him. She was a fool, but damn it, maybe this was exactly what they needed to let go of each other. 

     "I'll have to torture you," he admitted, wrapping his hand around her ankle. She shivered, but her will was steadfast. His other hand trailed up her leg, "the kind of torture I feel everyday." He carressed her calf. "This, this is what I feel," his fingers trailed just on the flesh of her thighs, "every single day." 

     She swallowed at the flush which began in her body. Rouhem allowed his fingerpads to explore her palms until they continued upwards. Inferno was breathless as he swept his fingers across her hovering locks, darkened by the water. "Inferno," he whispered, "what a fitting name for a woman made of fire. So beautiful yet the heat can kill." 

     She closed her eyes. He was right, but he sure as hell was one to talk. 

     He caressed with gentleness, but there was a promise for much more, something a little more primal, a little more rough. Why did he feel the need to drive her insane!

     Her eyes squeezed shut when she sensed him bending over her floating body. She quivered with anticipation and fear. Would he kiss her? Would she stop him?

     "I'm hungry," he whispered against her lips, actually brushing against her, "I think I am gonna go make myself a sandwich." Inferno was so caught off guard when he swam away that she sunk downwards. When she broke the surface, she was gasping, though not neccesarily for breath.