30 | how to have shattered hearts!

Start from the beginning

She heard the toilet door creaked ajar. And one look at Islam one could tell she must have been crying ever since she got in the loo! Husna didn't say a word. She just got up and spread out a praying mat for her. That was the least she could do for her! As she had seen her put on ablution!

Once Islam bowed her head down in sujud as she was praying, she made sure to cry out all her pain to Allah. Because she knew He alone would help her. She knew only Allah could ease her affairs! Only Allah can save her out of the shambles and ignorance she's at! Only Allah could help her! Because He alone loves her on earth morethan anyone! Not even the love her mom had for her when she's alive!

Islam called out all the prayers that came to her head that night, especially her favorite 40 rabbana duas.

"Our Lord, give us in this world [that which is] good and in the Hereafter [that which is] good and protect us from the punishment of the Fire.

Our Lord, pour upon us patience and plant firmly our feet and give us victory over the disbelieving people.

Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred.

Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us.

Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people.

Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower.

Our Lord, surely You will gather the people for a Day about which there is no doubt. Indeed, Allah does not fail in His promise.

My Lord forgive me and ease my affairs for the sake of my prophet rasul may peace be upon him." She finally finished praying.

By the time she was done she looked over to see Husna soundly sleeping on the bed. She got up and folded the praying mat. She then moved over and adjusted Husna's head on the table. She sauntered out of the room. But when she reached the living it was dark. The light has been turned off. She decided to just find a sofa and seat with the help of the light from her phone screen and the red light from the t.v, an indication that the main switch of the t.v hasn't been switched off.

She stayed that way in the dark for long, just crying her heart away, before she finally decided to go outside, she used the kitchen door leading to the back of the house, a tiny compartment that looked like a mini garden, and went over there. It was quite dark. The only source of light there was the light from the moonlight sky! And the stars, just looking at the sky made her cries intensified, she wondered how the hurul ains must be feeling right now. The mere thought of knowing they are people up there, that have never once felt sad, or got their heart broken or any hardship of this dunyah made her cried hard. Truly which of the favors of our Lord will we deny?

She gently sat down and folded her legs under her thighs, while her head was still looking up. She found herself praying to Allah, the king of all kings! The only One True King!

"Ya Allah forgive me, my father and whole of Muslim ummah. Have mercy on my mom and grant us paradise." She prayed, and that prayer eased her heart. From behind her she heard an Amen. She knew angels were famously known over answering du'as, but no one ever told her humans could hear angels talk. That scared the daylight of her and she quickly turned around, and her mouth slowly widened, because even though the moonlight wasn't full, and the place wasn't so bright, she could see who it was, because she knew that figure!

"Juhaif?" She called out gently!
"What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" He sent back her question to her.