28 | How to receive a green tea

Aunt Kaula asked if there's anything Juhaif might help with as a doctor even though that ain't his field.

He had no idea a hennah could pain one's skin in the first place. He doesn't even know how the hennah is being done in the first place. Suddenly an idea clicked in his brain.
"I'm coming." He said.

He grabbed his phone outta his pocket and started checking online. Luckily salt and water was a remedy he found. He quickly asked panicked Husna to bring over a solution of salt.

Islam's eyes were swollen from all the cries; nose no different from tomatoes and lips so red from all the foldings and pressings.

Husna brought the salt solution for Islam to put her hands inside. After what seemed like five minutes Islam looked over at her hands that were in the salt solution and then uttered "But it really looks pretty." She grinned widely at everyone.

Right there they knew she must have felt good, since she had already started fancying her hennah. They both bursted out laughing.

"Okay you need to wash that black and red face." Husna said in annoyance and moved back to her room.

Islam followed suit, still holding the solution in hand. She salamed and she thought Husna would be mad at her but to her surprise she smiled widely at her. "No black hennah for you next time." Husna said sternly as Islam smiled, giving her the 'okay' sign.

After Islam bathed she came out and saw no any sign of Husna in the room. She moved on to start rolling up her hair with rollers when she realised her fingers were still slightly paining. She gave up and left her hair like that. She dressed up in night wears and sat on the bed with her legs tucked below her.

She looked at her fingers and smiled widely. Totally worth it. She thought. She grinned before taking her phone and clicking away her hands. At least some memory!

Suddenly Husnah entered and handed her a white mug. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Sorry Husnah I should have listened to you." She replied tearing up a bit.

"It's okay. It's destined to be. So instead why not say Alhamdulillah." Husnah smiled at her a bit as she did same.

Holding the mug firmly with two hands with her three right fingers behind it's handle and her thumb caressing it's top she inhaled the scents of the green tea that made to her nostrils from centimetres apart, she didn't put her nose to smell it as she knew how unislamic smelling food is.

It was the black handwritten cursive of "be well" on the mug that caught her attention. It made her look up to Husnah dashing her a great smile, for it made her day, making her forgetting all the cries she did earlier and feeling all her problems gone. Especially the mess with her father, because she's like at the middle of a triangle in that, it involves choosing a father or mother, but she choose to view it from a different perspective that will allow justice to be served, from a point of victim and culprit. That way she will be able to ensure justice is served, even when the victim is no longer on earth to witness the justice of an injustice act! A terrifying act!

"Thanks so much Husna. How did you know green tea is fav?" Asked Islam.

"Well you are welcome. But I didn't make it. Bro did. The newly certified chef made it himself."

Islam couldn't utter a thing. She could only come up with "oh!"

She heard Husnah whispered "Let's pray he didn't poison it. Since he's an enemy." the way she furrowed her brows saying it made Islam chuckled, shaking her head at Husna's bad attempt to joke.

Suddenly Islam's phone rang. An unknown number? Again? Nigerian code? Her forehead creased. What is it this time around?

She picked as the person from the other line salamed which she answered.