chapter 9: Healing

It was a couple days since Papyrus came back home hurt. You have pretty much fully healed, only having a slight ache in your shoulder, so you were helping him a lot. You were doing the cooking and cleaning while he would talk to you. Many times it would lead you to laugh at one of his jokes or you would ask him about the geodes. He'd tell you the stories of how he found them. Today was slightly different though. Papyrus wanted you to start training. You'd put on thick black jeggings and a red sweatshirt for it. You two walked to a deserted part of Snowdin forest and started your training. He'd outlined a track for you to run in and encouraged you the whole time once you stopped you fell into the snow.
"YOU DID BETTER THAN I EXPECTED. YOU'RE GOOD AT RUNNING."
"Before mom died she always compared me to a fox running for cover." He thought about this for a moment before nodding in agreement.
"SHE WAS RIGHT. YOUR LEGS ARE STRONG."
"Yeah I know. Jumping high is also a perk of that and of course strong kicks."
"IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN DO THAT ISN'T CONSIDERED NORMAL TO HUMANS?"
"Well, my hearing is pretty good, same with my sense of smell but that's it." You say. "What's next?" You jump up wanting to train more. Papyrus laughs loudly.
"CAN I TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR SOUL? I WANT TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE." You think for a moment and nod. Suddenly you see a heart come out of your chest. It's a light bluish green with dark purple stripes throughout it, there was the tiniest white dot in the center.
"Woah, is that my soul?"
"IT IS. YOUR MAIN TRAIT IS KINDNESS, AS INDICATED BY THE GREEN BUT IT ALSO HAS A BLUE TINGE TO IT SO... INTEGRITY AND THE PURPLE STANDS FOR PERSEVERANCE."
"What's that white dot in the center then?" You asked.
"I'M NOT SURE. I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT BEFORE." He gently takes your soul in his hands and you gasp. He looks at you to see a dark blush all over your face. He smirks and looks closer at your soul. "WELL IT'S NOT ANYTHING BAD. YOUR SOUL IS HEALTHY." You see a grin on his face. You wonder what he's thinking before he brings your soul to his teeth and gives it a kiss. You gasp and your knees give out from the sensation. Your face blushes deep red and you hide it behind your hands. You hear him laugh happily and you shove his shoulder. Your soul returns to your body and you laugh along with him. God how you wish times like this would last forever.
After a few more hours you two return to the house. You were walking backwards telling a story to Papyrus when you bump into someone and fall face first. You hear Papyrus inhale quickly. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going." You say quickly, keeping your eyes on the ground. You hear a loud snarky laugh.
"You are pathetic human. I wonder why Papyrus insists on keeping you safe." You look up and see a tall blue fish lady. She has long red hair and crooked teeth. Papyrus pulls you behind him.
"LEAVE HER ALONE UNDYNE. UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR ASS KICKED AGAIN." He growls and summons a bone attack. The fish lady laughs again.
"I'm not here for it yet. But trust me, I will be." She turned to leave and you speak up.
"U-um... it was nice to meet you!" You call after her. She stops and turns to you shocked. Eyeing you up and down, you were still half behind Papyrus. Shaking her head she walks away. Papyrus shakes his head and drags you back to the house.
"P-papyrus?" He pushes you against the couch. He puts his arms on either side of you. You look at him anxiously.
"STAY AWAY FROM UNDYNE. SHE'D KILL YOU WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT. I'M NOT FULLY HEALED YET. NEITHER IS SHE THOUGH. I WILL NOT LOSE YOU." You blush at his words.
"Lose me?" You ask him with puppy eyes. He blushes and looks away.
"YOU ARE..... SPECIAL TO ME.... I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU HURT OR WORSE..." he says anxiously. You smile and hug him around the neck.
"I'm not leaving you Papyrus, I care too much about you." You hug him closer and feel his arms wrap around you. "You're special to me too." You rub your cheek against the side of his skull before yawning and falling asleep. Before you were completely asleep you could have sworn you heard him say something.
"Sleep well, my princess."