Pups Save Ryder

Começar do início

"How about Jake?" Everest called from beside her owner.

"Hmm... let's see." The medic pup checked over the skier and was satisfied with the results. "Jake's recovering faster but that's not surprising. Keep at it for a few days and he'll be ready to go."

Jake whooped at the news and Everest howled, nuzzling her owner.

"Thanks, dude," the skier said as he scratched the head of the husky.

"But what about Ryder? Is he going to be okay soon?" Rubble asked happily, his tail wagging in excitement.

"Yeah, awe we going back to the Lookout now?" Zuma added.

Marshall looked at the excited faces of his friends and sighed internally. He didn't want to burst their bubble especially that it was only a week away from Christmas. However, Ryder's condition was too sensitive still.

Chase noticed the conflicted look on the dally's face and became worried. "What's wrong, Marshall?"

 The medic pup shuffled his feet. "Sorry pups, but Ryder can't go home yet."

The other pups immediately quietened down.

"But why?" Rubble whined.

"Yeah, isn't Wyder getting better already?"

"Pups, Ryder wouldn't be able to drive his ATV yet," Chase tried to explain, knowing where they were coming from.

"Ryder can ride inside Marshall's ambulance," Skye suggested.

"Yeah, and we can tow his ATV with my truck," Rocky agreed.

"Pups..." Marshall tried to interject.

"Yeah! He could recover faster at the Lookout!"

"We could cuddle with him, bring him food and watch Apollo all day!"

All the pups' voices were overlapping with each other, and Marshall found it hard to interject. As the conversation went longer, the dally's patience was wearing thin.

"We could-"

"PUPS!"

Everyone was surprised when the usually happy dally shouted. It wasn't like Marshall to lose his cool in front of everyone, but the stress was getting into him. Marshall sighed.

"Ryder can't be moved until his body can handle it," the medic pup said sharply. "He has to stay here to rest before we can even think of moving him back home."

"But that doesn't mean you can't," Ryder finally spoke.

"But Ryder-"

"Chase, you all need to go back to the Lookout," Ryder told him. "What if there was an emergency? The Paw Patrol can't stop doing their job just because they're one member down."

"But Ryder, you're our leader," Skye said. "How can we do rescues without you?"

"Chase will be your temporary leader," Ryder explained patiently. "And since my old pup pad was frozen in the snow, all calls will be received in the big screen in the lookout."

The pups still weren't convinced and Ryder sighed.

"You pups can visit me every day," he tried to reason out. "It's only for a few days, and I can go back to the Lookout."

Chase finally sighed and agreed. They weren't happy, but they knew they had to. Besides, someone has to look over the Lookout.

"Marshall, you need to go back as well," Ryder told the dalmatian.