Chapter 15

I woke up earlier today. My wolf was anxious the whole night so I didn't get much sleep. We both were anxious. Today is my 18th birthday, and I will finally be able to meet my mate. I was so happy and I couldn't wait to see Kaine later tonight. My party was at 8 tonight and the girls said they would go over to the pack house and set up and then they will come over later to help me get ready.

I headed downstairs and I heard my mom singing in the kitchen so I went to go and see her. When I entered the kitchen she turned to me and gave me a big smile. "Oh look at my big girl." She stopped what she was doing and came over to me to give me a hug. I heard her sniffle and knew she was crying. My mom always got emotional on my birthdays.

"Happy birthday sweetie. I remember when I first found out I was pregnant with you. Your father was so happy, and when we found out you were a girl we both started to cry because we couldn't wait to see your little face. We watched you grow to the woman you are today and we are so proud of you." She squeezed me again and then she let me go and went back to what she was doing before I came in.

"Thanks mom, I love you. Where is dad by the way?" I questioned knowing that if he was in this house he would be joined to her hip.

"You should know the answer to that question sweetie. When he is not glued to me he is glued to Alpha Brandon." I laughed at her expression. I looked to see what she was making and I saw she made me a huge stack of pancakes topped with bananas and chocolate. Every year she would make this for me and every year I looked forward to eating it.

She sat it down on the table in front of me and I didn't hesitate to dig in. "So what is the plan for today sweetie." I looked up at her with my face full of pancakes. I grabbed the glass of milk and drank it before I responded to her. "Take your time, it's all yours no once gonna steal your plate. Your brothers aren't around to take a bite." She laughed at me.

"The girls are setting everything up and then around 7 they are gonna come over and help me get ready. Are the boys coming? I haven't seen them in forever." I was referring to my older brothers. Since the beta position is not handed down like the alpha position my brothers were free to leave the pack and explore once they turned 18.

"I gave them a call and they said they will be coming with their mates and children." I was so excited I have seen them in a long time and I missed my nieces and nephews. "I'm gonna go and get ready now and head over to the pack. I have to go help Luna Crystal out with making the food." She came over and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I will see you later honey." She left the kitchen and headed upstairs.

I finished my breakfast and washed my plate. I had nothing to do for another 9 hours so I decided to laze around all day until the girls showed up. When I got back upstairs I checked my phone. I received a message from Sammy, my cousins, Trent, and other pack members wishing me a happy birthday. I responded to everyone and decided that I would take a nap since I didn't get that much sleep last night.

Before I closed my eyes, my phone dinged letting me know I got a message. It was probably someone who responded to my thank you. When I looked at my phone I saw that it actually was a message from Kaine.

K:Good morning baby, happy birthday, I hope that you are enjoying your birthday so far. I can't wait to see you later ;).

His message made me smile I replied back telling him thank you and that I couldn't wait to see him later.
My nerves are on fire. What if what Kaine felt for me wasn't the mate bond. No I didn't want to think like that he seemed like he was sure I was his mate and I wouldn't doubt it now. I would look into his eyes and confirm that we are mates. My thoughts were wandering and eventually I fell asleep. I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing.