Chapter 12

*Mature Content*
Another two weeks have gone by and everything has been going a lot better. Training hasn't been that intense. Kaine seems to be out of his grumpy mood. Trent seems to be enjoying his new life with his mate.

As for me I have been feeling very anxious since I realized that Kaine and I could be mates. Lately he has been smiling and laughing more and it's making my insides feel all kinds of ways. There is only one more week until my birthday, and a week and a half until the announcement of the Luna. Besides training to protect ourselves the other goal was to prepare us to become Luna if one of us happens to be Kaine's mate.

Kaines mate? If my notions are correct then that would be me which means that I would become Luna. I would stand by Kaine's side and help him run the pack. That title holds so much responsibility, but if it really is me I am ready for it. I am ready to become the Luna of this pack and take on my responsibilities. The final days of training are slowly coming to an end. I am going to actually miss it when it is over. I was too in my thoughts to notice that someone had approached me.

"You're not throwing proper punches at the bag because your form is incorrect". I decided to go to the gym after our training to let off some steam. After coming up with the idea that I might be Kaine's mate I couldn't really focus. That's when I realized who that voice belonged to and I became anxious again. Now that I was aware of his presence my heartbeat picked up, and I no longer could concentrate on my thoughts because the one who had haunted them for the past two weeks was right behind me.

"You've got to spread your legs farther apart like this". I felt something muscular press against my inner thigh and I froze up. He used his leg to spread my legs wider. "You know for this last week I would really like to continue our one on one training." I could feel his breath on my neck and it made me shudder. He leaned in closer and his lips touched my neck slightly and I could feel how soft they were. That action made me come to my senses and I jumped away from him.

"Kaine what are you doing here". He looked at me as if I asked him a dumb question. Then he took a step forward and I took a step back. We did this for a while and then I felt my back hit the wall. Seeing that I had nowhere else to run he had a smirk on his face.

"You know I noticed lately that you have been avoiding me. Would you like to enlighten me as to why." So he figured it out. Though I don't think that I did a good job at hiding it. Seeing as every time he came in a room that I was in I'd run out of there so fast before he could even say anything to me. But I had to keep it cool, and not let him know how much of an effect his presence had on me.

"I don't see what the problem is seeing as you ignored me for the last couple of weeks as well. I was just returning the favor. Don't want to be a bother to the future Alpha". He stepped even closer to me. So close that I could see the flecks of blue in his hazel eyes. He was staring at me with such intensity that I couldn't breathe. He looked down at my lips and then back up to my eyes. I closed them so I wouldn't have to keep staring into those golden eyes that were trying to pull me in. I felt the brush of his lips and it left as soon as it came.

"You could never be a bother to me Dannielle". That was the first time I heard him say my name and hearing it come from his mouth was like heaven to my ears. I wanted him to say it more. I could feel myself becoming aroused with our closeness. He must've smelled it because his eyes turned the darkest shade of brown that I have ever seen the blue in them was also shining.

"I want to kiss you so badly right now, but I made a promise". He slowly backed away, and I felt my heart break with disappointment. If I was really his mate how could he turn away from me so easily? As he started to walk away I felt like everything was crashing down. How could he bear to keep this distance from me. Especially if he knows I'm his mate, how long has he known, why hasn't he said or done anything. Does he not want me? No, if that was the case he wouldn't have made such a big fuss over me for the last couple of weeks.