Chapter 5

Later that night I laid in bed thinking about the day I had with Trent. I decided to talk to my wolf to see how she felt about him. "Isabelle how do you feel about Trent?" At first, she didn't respond; she had been awfully quiet today. I was beginning to wonder if she was okay. "Isabelle?"

"Yea"

"How do you feel about Trent?"

"He seems like a nice guy."

"Do you feel anything when we are close  to him?" I waited for her response.

"No nothing really." I felt a little disappointment maybe me and Trent had to hang out a little more for her to feel something. "But I do feel something with someone else." That caught my attention.

"Who?" I was curious to know what male wolf caught my wolf's attention.

"I can't tell you it's a secret. You'll find out soon enough." With that she was gone. I tried calling her and asking her questions but she refused to answer me. I gave up and decided that this was another thing I would sleep on. I went to sleep that night with Trent, my mother's reaction, and what my wolf said on my mind. Maybe I made the right decision to keep Trent as a friend.

I woke up the next day feeling relieved. That was one of the best sleeps I ever had. I heard knocking on my door. "Who is it?" Without saying anything the person came in. Next thing I know I was being crushed by the intruder.

"How dare you not call me and tell me about yesterday. I waited up all night for a phone call from you."

"Ahh how nice to be blessed with your presence this morning Sammy." So Samantha was the intruder. I lifted my leg and kicked her off of me, and she went tumbling to the floor.

"Ouch! Is that the way you treat your favorite person in the world?" I laughed at her while she got up and rubbed her ass.

"Sammy, what do you want? There is only so much I can take in the morning." I rubbed my face and looked at her. She was now sitting at the edge of my bed looking down at me.

"The morning!? Girl it is 1 o'clock." I glanced at the clock on my nightstand and saw that it was 1:30. Wow it didn't even feel like I slept this late in the day. "And what I want is for you to tell me how training went yesterday. Tammy said she saw you leave with some handsome fellow."

I laughed. "Handsome fellow? What time period are we in." She glared at me. "Okay chill, and yes I did leave with a 'handsome fellow'." I put up quotes using my hands when I said handsome fellow. She hit me in my leg and I laughed some more.

"So who was he. Was it Kaine!?" She looked extremely giddy and excited. I hated to shut her dreams down.
"No it was Trent. The guy I met at the grocery store." She looked disappointed and it reminded me of my mom when I told her the same thing last night. "What is with you and my mom with these disappointing looks." She looked at me curiously.

"Well I'm disappointed that you didn't get with Kaine. As for your mom, you'll have to ask her that."

"I did and she told me that it was nothing."

"I'll ask her maybe she will tell me."

"Thanks I was gonna ask her again but I doubt she would have told me."

"Anyways so tell me what happened with Trent." So I told her all about yesterday. I told her about the looks I shared with Kaine, and the events between me and Trent.

"Oh my god Kaine is so hot, but I can't believe Trent kissed you." I was happy that she was enthusiastic about what happened yesterday. "But I'm glad that you made the decision to stay friends. It could get messy and you don't want another Ronnie incident."