Chapter 8

Tip 8: Didn't give you tip 1 for nothing, use it!

“What?..”

Your eyes scanned the surprised expression on your friends faces, that you were already expecting to look as you finished telling them who the killer is and why you think it's them, with the help of Budo of course. Because you were sure that they wouldn't believe you unless there's someone who would support your claims. Budo himself didn't believe it at first.

Classes were canceled the morning due to the unexpected demise of your fellow schoolmate, you and your friends still pushed through the plans of having a sleepovers at Shin's house. After the announcing of suspension you went straight to your house and -as fast as possible- gathered spare clothes and other things to bring for the sleepovers then quickly head over to shin's house, you still felt fear creeping in your back being alone in the house.

The sun had finally sink at the horizon while the moon replaced the bright golden sun shine into its soft silvery light. Finishing dinner, you all retreated back to shin's bedroom after announcing that you have something important to say. And now you're all gathered with your sleeping bags around the bed and your friends wordlessly taking the news all in their head with their now unreadable faces.

Taro's eyes emitted fear, his body shivered, remembering the gruesome death of two students that his eyes laid upon on, so clear like a clear picture permanently embedded in his mind. “B-but why?- how?-”

“Why is she doing it?” Shin managed to ask, cutting off Taro noticing that he cannot continue on clearly with his words. “What's her objective?”

“I don't know, I'm trying to think about it  but my head is just... blank.” You admitted, letting out a deep sigh and rub your temples. “And the fact that I didn't know my girlfriend makes me rethink if I was even a good one.”

“You're a good girlfriend,” Osana disagreed, ignoring the fright that was slowly crawling out of her chest for a moment and placed a consoling hand on your shoulder. “You know Aishi, but not entirely and that's normal. Not all of us knew each other to the core and what we're capable of doing, so don't blame yourself at something you cannot explain.”

You stared at her for a few second, her comforting words released a few heavy weight from your shoulders. “Thank you, Osana.” You murmured, placing a hand over hers, that was on your shoulder, then pat it gently.

“Something must've pushed her to do it,” Kuroko, being the smart in your group, speculates with her arms crossed.

“Now that you've thought about it,” Budo comments, leaning on his arm as he lied sideways on his makeshift bed. “Is there anything particular that she hates? it's not like she goes around and just randomly kill people.”

“There is, but I doubt it would be the reason for her to kill.” You replied, letting yourself fall back against the sheets.

Osana prompts. “What is it?”

“Guys can we just drop the subject?” You request, shifting your head on the pillow to the side, turning away from them and faced the wall. “It's been a long day, let's just get some rest.”

Budo looks up to the clock hanging on the wall and see that it was only half past 7 in the night, it was early to sleep since he knows you well that you usually go to bed before midnight. He doesn't blame you though, the recent events that happened can cause a lot of mental exhaustion, and considering that your girlfriend is behind all of it he can't even imagine what you're feeling.

“Let's call it a day,” Budo stated throwing a blanket around his body while the others fixed themselves in their own sleeping bags.

With a faint click the lights died out and darkness poured in, consciousness instantly faded.