Chapter 5

Tip 5: Never let love fool you.

“How did your exam's go?”

Looking up from your paper, you see your friend, Shin, hopping on an empty desk in front of yours with a paper in hand that was already crumpling from briefly rolling fist. The exams had already finished and the suffocating tension in the air caused by the exams dissappeared. You turn the front of your paper towards shin to let him see your result.

Shin's eyes flickered down to your test results and grin . “Just as I assumed,  got the highest mark eh?” His face then switched into a teasing smirk. “All because of a certain lover.”

Fighting back your cheeks that slowly forming a smile, you stuck a tongue out before shoving your test paper in your bag. “What about you?”

Shin proudly showed her exam result and showed it to you, you can hear the paper crumple at the amount of excitement he has to. show you his. “Just an average score.”

It wasn't just an average score, few more points and you both would have the same grade. “I'm surprised you passed the test.”

“How can I not?” He snorted. “You did well on writing the answers a little more big for me to see from behind.”

Chuckling at him. “You're welcome then.” You said amused, plopping your bag on your desk and stood up from your seat, a tired sigh escaping your lips.

“Are you okay? you seem a bit stressed.” Shin asked concernly noticing the small circles under your eyes.

Nodding your head. “Just a bit tired from the exams last week.” You reasoned out.

No, you're not okay. Since knowing that the killer has easy access into your house, you weren't able to sleep peacefully. Especially home alone while your parents are away on business trips and you hear just a bit of sounds from outside your house sends you on the edge.

Arching a brow suspiciously at you, Shin just nods jumping off the desk and dismissed the topic noticing you didn't want to talk about it.

“Okay...” He trails off. “I guess I better head off and fix my things, I'll see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah.” You replied forcing a smile, watching him made his way to his desk while you sling your back on your shoulder.

Exiting the classroom you journeyed down the lower floor and searched for your girlfriends classroom, there wasn't any students in the hallway since your teacher let you all out of your classroom a few minutes early than the normal releasing time. Ones you find Ayano's class room you leaned on the wall in front of the door, your back facing the clean windows showing the golden orange sky with the soft glow of the sun gleaming through the glass and filling the dark corners with its mellow shade.

Your mind flew in the empty void as you waited for the dismissal bell. What were you going to do, it's already weekend and knowing that your parents are still out of town, worry creeped from the back of mind at the memories of your last encounter of the killer and it slowly filled something in your guts making you inhale the ice cold air of fear.

Why didn't they kill you is yet stuck in your mind like carved words on wood. Why? Do they relish the reaction you're radiating or the suspense of them torturing you mentally gives them the satisfaction of your mental torture until they finally strike. A deep sigh escaped your lips as you rake your tangled fringe on top of your hair.

“What's the matter my love?” Snapping out of your daze you see your girlfriend looking at you confusedly and awaits your answer. Stepping closer to you, she extended her free hand and intertwined them with yours as you look around. “You look so stressed, is there something wrong?”