I will Let You Go

This is specially for my previous birthday girl Sara sara_shivika_
Just a random though occured in my mind so typing it down

She was sitting on the bed, staring at him continously, as he walked around restlessly.
She could see the frown lines on his face, he was deprived from his usual glow.
Her sun didn't appear radiant and she knew the reason.

" Shivaay" she said his name and called him close.
He immediately went near her and gave a wide smile, hoping to see a reflection of it on Annika's face.

She knew the smile was a pretense, she knew how well he masked emotions.
But she could read his eyes, cause he would never use words to show his feelings.

Shivaay kissed on her forehead and walked away , informing that he had some important file to be searched.

Annika saw his retreating figure until she could only see the outline of his body.
Yet she knew how he took his palm and wiped his tears.

She knew she was the reason of the pain and got lost in the thoughts of that day.

Shivaay Annika were out on a trip, to celebrate their togetherness .
They were happily enjoying their love until that incident happened.

Shivaay was on the road, lost in his thoughts, he didnt see the truck rushing towards him with great speed.

"Shivaay" Annika screamed and tried to warn him but the time he heard her, he was too shocked to react.

He just stood in front of the truck, accepting his fate, when he fell due to a strong push.

He saw the truck pass just few centimeters away from Annika. Annika fell on him.
If she would have been few seconds late, she would have been snatched away form him.

Shivaay couldn't react to this situation while Annika just hugged him, rested her head above his chest, as they lay on the road.

"I was so scared" Annika said and kissed his forehead.

She felt it unusual as shivaay didn't react unlike other times. He didn't scold her to putting her life in danger.
He just stayed quite throughout.
The silence killed her.

It had been three days to that incident and yet Annika felt his behaviour strange. No, he didn't stay distant nor was there any change in their routine. But Annika could feel the sorrow in his eyes.
She could feel the continous fear to lose her in his heartbeats.
How would she not understand the fear to lose someone, she had spent her entire life living that fear.

She can't live without him, she knew. But she couldn't even imagine his life without her.
She knew him, if ever she left him he would continue to exist for others, but his heart would be filled with a forever emptiness, an emptiness worse than death.

She couldnt let him live in the fear she has lived.

She saw shivaay enter their room, immediately rushed to him and took him into her embrace.
She could feel tears wetting her kurti.
She pulled apart, cupped his face and muttered
" Next time if death comes towards us, I would let you go. "

Saying this she hugged him again.
She knew she was selfish when she put her life in danger to save him. cause she couldn't be surrounded with the loneliness she lived with her entire life.
But she can never let shivaay experience that pain.
She loved him enough to let him go first.

This is a completely random idea and not even a OS.
Please do give your feedback or criticism.