Shattered(2)

He sat on the shore , observing how each wave of sea water took handful of sand away from the land every time it went back, just like life took away that person who  made him happy .

It had been a year, Many things had changed, but he was still there, stuck in her love, stuck in her thoughts. He didn't even wish to be anywhere else. Her memories made him feel like HOME.

" I kept my Promise, Annika. I didn't give up"
He smiled as a warm tear formed a line on his cheek.

After deep contemplation that day, Shivaay decided that he won't let his grandfather's name get diminished. Whatever happened was his parents' fault, what fault did his dada,dadi and his brothers have? His whole life he had enjoyed the pros of being an Oberoi, had been arrogant about it. So now the when the hard times had come, he wasn't going to leave the name. He isn't a coward, though he may be weak without his strength but still her aura, her thoughts were with him . He can't put Annika down by selecting the easy way.
He was going to set this Right.

He knew he had this last chance before the media burst everything out. He immediately made everything ready for his brothers, his dear sisters and dadi to leave India and settle in Paris, where he had managed to make his mark through his own hard work.
He lied to them to go, saying that he would come soon, he had no other option. This was the last time he was going to use his power as an Oberoi, it stunk his heart to use the power given to him from destroying Annika's family , but he had no other option.

He managed to settle everything within 2 hours and then he himself surrendered to the media. Settling himself in front of the eyes, he closed his eyes, trying to gain strength. No, he didn't need strength to acknowledge his family's wrong doings, he needed strength to talk about what Annika went through cause of them, what all those families went through cause of his family. It would rip him apart each moment to think about their sufferings, but he had to do this. Annika was still an Oberoi, not clearing her name out of all this mess would just put her into more trouble, no way he would allow that to happen, she had seen enough, he was going to live up to his promise.

Even after all his efforts, a small tear did manage to escape from his eye, which he immediately wiped but it didn't go unnoticed from the men standing at far end. It broke them like anything to see the man who had made them his family shattered in this manner. To the world he had been the stoic, inexpressive, money oriented Shivaay Singh Oberoi, but to them he had always been an elder brother, more than that even may be a god figure. The man who always believed in name, money and power gave them the best possible life when they had been struggling and yet always managed to be the strict boss in front of them.

" Is there anyway you can stop shivaay sir from taking this step. Why does he have to suffer always for other's mistake?" Khanna questioned with tears in his eyes. Shivaay was always the Ram to Khanna's Hanuman. He was a god to him .

" Trust me Khanna, I tried, I tried to convince him. He doesn't need to bear the brunt of his parents mistakes. He could just release a written statement and then flee away. But he didn't agree. He doesn't trust the media. In no way he wants anyone to question Annika ma'am . " Mishra answered in a broken voice. He had seen his Sir working his energy off ,day and night , to bring the oberoi industries at the position it was currently. His fathers only used the insurance money and helped themselves, while shivaay made all his efforts to genuinely make the industry shine, his grandfather's name shine.
While Om had always talked about blurring the line between rich and poor, shivaay worked harder to benefit the lower income people from his business, expanded it, employed more people, helping them indirectly . No wonder he had always been the best boss.

They heard the media uproar which broke their stream of communication. Shivaay had ended his statement and some activists present there pounced on him, while he was just standing there accepting whatever comes to him. Mishra and Khanna rushed towards him. While Khanna managed to divert the crowd with help of his team, Mishra came from behind and tried to drag shivaay.

" Mishra!! I don't want to go..." Shivaay's words were left incomplete as Mishra put his palm over shivaay's mouth and dragged him out. Shivaay was in no state to fight back and Mishra knew it. It broke his heart to force shivaay in this manner, but he knew if the crowd's attention went to shivaay again, they won't leave him, no  way he was going to let that happen.

He rushed out dragging shivaay with him and pushed him into an Auto as fast as possible. He saw Khanna settling in the auto from the other side and gave a soft smile to him . They would always protect their Boss, whatever it may be.  Shivaay did struggle to let go himself of their hold but no way he could fight both the well built men especially when he had lost all his mental strength.

The auto halted, and shivaay tried to decipher where they had reached. After a moment he realised it was Mishra's house.
"Come sir" Mishra requested as he himself got down from the Auto.
" No Mishra, I can't come with you. This is my fight. The media, the crowd would be behind me after the confession, I can't drag you into this mess."
Mishra knew reminding shivaay about what he had done for him would do no good, he doesn't really like getting acknowledged, so he used the last card he had.
" Sir, if you have ever considered me even a little part of your family, a little part of the business you grew so well, please agree to me."

One line and shivaay couldn't deny. Mishra had a huge part in bringing his business where it had reached today, he couldn't refuse to Mishra's request.

As soon as shivaay settled on the sofa, he uttered " Mishra, you have helped me so much, could you please lend me one more favor. Remember the file I had given you a few months back to keep it safe, can you please go and give it to Annika. She won't refuse your call"

Unknowingly a smile formed on Mishra's face, everything could change but the love shivaay had for Annika would never change.

The very next day while Mishra was getting ready in his room, shivaay sensed Annika.

" Annika" he shouted as he tried to enter Mishra's room. Mishra opened the door after a while hearing him shout and saw shivaay standing there with tears in his eyes.

" I don't know, i sensed Annika"
Shivaay muttered and Mishra immediately took him into a hug. Shivaay didn't deny, he needed comfort at that moment. Somehow, in that hug, he sensed Annika even closer, sensed her breathing, sensed the khanak her voice had. May be he was hallucinating, but it felt nice.

Just like that, shivaay started a new life, a new journey which he owed to his grandfather and his Annika. He worked day and night, established a business on his grandfather's name, earned people's trust, gave employment to all those people who had lost their work due to his family's mistake . He would work hard all day and night, and the other time he would spend thinking about his life-his Annika. Finally things did settle. He managed to make a mark again. " Prithvi Oberoi industries" was the biggest in Market now. It took an year for shivaay to do it, but he did it.

" Annika, I hope I made you proud, I didn't run away from my responsibilities. It's your love which kept me going. I have loved you always and will continue doing that till my last breath, may be even after that " Shivaay muttered as the clutched the sand in his fist.

Suddenly, his grip on the sand loosened. He felt himself going breathless and his throat choked. He smiled, may be after everything it was time for him to go. May be now his Annika had forgiven him and was letting him loose from the grip of the mess called life, just like he let go of the sand clenched in his hand. He smiled more, as a tear made its way down his cheek, as darkness engulfed him.

Epilogue:
"Annika" shivaay shouted as he tried to enter Mishra's room.
Mishra immediately whispered, while he had a Bluetooth kept on his ear
" Ma'am, sir is coming inside, please don't speak anything, may be he would hear you otherwise"
Shivaay entered the room and muttered Annika's name again.
As soon as Annika heard shivaay's voice, her heart skipped a beat, tear escaped from her eye and she felt as if she finally got her life back.

So guys,
Here is the new update guys .
Guys the epilogue style I had seen in a Korean show,
Continuation, as in revealation a scene in the episode at the end, tried to do that here.
Waiting for your reviews, feedback and criticism