The Grey's in White

She stood there, seeing a queue of people ahead her.
She had been patiently waiting there for a long time, 5 minutes, and now she was losing it all!
Suddenly she felt her breath get hitched, and she knew what that meant.
That was it, she lightly pushed the people in front of her and strided till the table.

" My husband is missing from an hour and I need to file a complaint "

" How did you break the line and come ahead? Anyways Ma'am we can't file a missing complaint until the person is lost for 24 hours.."

The inspector stood up as he heard a bang on his table.

"How dare y...."

" I dare and I would dare again until you and your team don't get working to find my husband. I am Mrs. Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi and if you don't get going I don't even need to say what I can do to you all. I need my husband, my shivaay here within an hour whatsoever"
She screamed as fire burst out of her eyes.

" I..I am so sorry ma'am "
The inspector stuttered. He just dared to speak against a VIP, and that too not anyone else but Mrs. Shivaay Singh Oberoi.
" Constables, SIs make 4 teams of 4 people and just go out to find Mr.Oberoi.  Leave whatever work you are doing . Mr.Oberoi is an asset to our nation and in no way we can afford to let anything happen to him"
The inspector ordered and everyone got working.

" Inspector, I would come with you too"
" No ma'am please, you wait here. We promise to find your husband within a hour. Whenever he comes back, he should have you here so please just relax ma'am "
The inspector said and immediately rushed.

" We have been standing here in the line for an hour, and look at that lady, she just pushed us back and got her work done. Are we all mad to patiently stand here?"
A person whispered angrily.
" She is a VIP, and these people with big surnames and huge amount of money feel they own the world. We can't do anything about it"
Another one replied softly but it didn't go unheard by Annika.

She paused for a moment as she heard those words, a memory flashed through her mind, when she  had criticised shivaay as he broke the line and got VIP enterance in the temple.

Where had she reached now, she thought?
With this question wandering in her mind, she walked towards the bench.

She sat on the bench as a tear escaped from her eye. This was not how it was supposed to be . She and shivaay had been out to Manali for a vacation. They both deserved this time off, especially shivaay.  She smiled as she remembered shivaay's face turning even more white in the snow. Her lips parted as she got the memory of her kissing shivaay. She suddenly jerked up as the person's words played in her mind. Again the same question encountered her moral self.
Where had she reached now?

There was a time when she feared falling in love. She feared love cause love made a person weak. She feared love as she feared abondenment. LOVE would get all her insecurities out in open and she wasn't sure if she was ready for it. But gradually shivaay drove all her insecurities away and now she was proudly an independent Annika who loved and needed the companionship of Shivaay. She had walked that journey and there was no looking back.

But what she was feeling today was something even more intense.
She didn't fear love today, she feared the person she was becoming while loving shivaay. She feared the depth with which she loved shivaay.

When did she become this immoral to not see the struggles of others and use her power to get what she wants? She was always a kind, selfless woman who would stand on her morality and values. Atleast that's what she thought she was. But today she found her questioning herself.

Did she never have any Grey's in her? Or was she never brave enough to accept her Grey's? There was a little devil in her big loving heart always. She knew about its existence, may be today was just the start of it coming out.

May be she should have settled for someone who wouldn't bring all her layers out. May be she should have been with someone in whom she wouldn't invest so much. Yes, that person won't love her as unconditionally and deeply as he did but that would have been a safe choice. She wouldn't have been sitting devastated, questioning her own morality then.

Did she choose the wrong path? Wasn't love supposed to better a person ?
She hid her face in her palms, burdened by her own questions.

" Annika"
She heard his voice and in a moment she felt the storm of her mind finding it's calm. She immediately rushed towards Him and leaped on him with so much force that they both landed on the ground.

He was lying there, below her, stumped by the whole event that took place. She had her one hand placed protectively behind his head while caressed his chest  . She stared at his ocean blue eyes.
One look in that serene beauty, and she got the answers to all her questions.

His love didn't bring the Grey's out of her, rather it gave her the strength to accept her Grey's. Yes, it peeled all her layers off, just cause she could meet the real Annika dug beneath the piles of her traumas and defenses. Love makes a person better, but his love made her the best version of herself. To shine brighter, one needs to embrace the flaws.

His love gave her courage to accept herself being weak.

She kissed his forehead, trying to grasp the reality that she was with him, he was safe in her embrace, she would never let anything happen to him.

" There could be nothing better than your love for me.
More than that, nothing matters to me more than the contentment I get while loving you"
She thought as she placed her head on his chest, listening to her favorite music.

Just a random idea guys.. hope you like it.. waiting for your feedback