Shattered (3)

As his head was about the touch the ground, a pair of hands softly held his head, cradling him. With much efforts, he tried to open his eyes and in his blur vision saw someone in a white dress holding him close to herself, someone like an angel. He was finally in a more peaceful world he thought.

She rushed out of the Oberoi Mansion, shocked and scared. Yes, the truth tore her apart but what SHATTERED her was her own monsters. She couldn't get those terrifying images out of her mind. How did she behave like that with her Shivaay. She had never been this terrified in her life, not even when Daksh tried to scare her. Ironically, our own darkness scares us the most.

She reached her chawl, opened her and Saahil's house, whom was she kidding, even that house belonged to shivaay now.
" Even by that relation, you are the owner" she remembered shivaay's words and unknowingly a smile formed on her face.
She entered the house and immediately dropped on the floor, dropped out of exhaustion, exhausted from facing her own monsters.

She got the flashes of her throwing the glass jug on Shivaay, she got the flashes of her gifting him lifetime loneliness. She immediately covered her eyes with her palms, trying to protect herself from her darkness.

She needed no proofs to know that Shivaay would support the Right. She needed no evidence of his love. She needed no reason to protect him from every harm. But here she was, being the harm in his life, punishing him with isolation when she very well knew he had always been lonely in the crowd.

" I... I would never let my shivaay face this monster again" Annika stuttered. She wished to protect shivaay from every wrong, be it herself. She knew her love wasn't so shallow to not trust shivaay, but she couldn't deny what happened today. In no way she could let him go through that again. This was the first time her monsters traveled up on the chaotic shores of her heart from the deep ocean within. She had to learn to live with them first, learn to handle them. She needed that time off, more than that she need to protect shivaay from those uncaged devils.

She was lost in her thoughts when she heard someone knock the door.
She stood up, opened the door to see Mishra standing there.

No questions were asked, Annika trusted Mishra enough to let him in without any.

" Ma'am, these are some papers. Shivaay sir had his own projects running, dissociated from the Oberoi industries, here take them"

" But why are you giving them to me?"
Annika asked, surprised.

" Because they are on your name"
Mishra replied.

" On my name, why, everything is made out of Shivaay's hardwork"
Annika exclaimed.

" Actually when Shivaay sir had to leave the oberoi mansion with you, he understood how his family's uncertainty can have a huge impact on your future. So he started businesses dissociated from the Oberoi name, wanting to keep your future secure. So these always belonged to you ma'am. The companies are in your sectors of interest, they cater event planning, fashion designing and all. "

Annika stood there, silent. Honestly, she wasn't even surprised now. She was quite used to this protective nature of shivaay.

" OK Mishra Ji, give them to me. I will try to best to bring his work to the top. I would respect his decision, I can't let his hardwork go to waste. You would guide me right?"

"Ofcourse ma'am"

" You kept your boss's secret from me right? So now you need to do my work and keep that as a secret from your sir"

"Not even a question ma'am, forever ready. I knew you would ask for something like that. Finally you both are the same people at core."

Annika smiled at this, yes she and shivaay were the same and she didn't even wish to be anything else.

She gently rubbed shivaay's hair and softly pressed his lips open. Shivaay just kept on looking, trying to guage what was happening . Before he could decipher anything, he tasted something bitter in his mouth which distressed him but immediately he felt relaxed as he felt cold water running down his throat.

The white angel, as he thought her to be , pulled him closer to her chest and kept on caressing his hairs. In few minutes, shivaay started feeling better and slowly he put his arms around her waist.

" Annika" he whispered, not opening his eyes, fearing that this moment would shatter.

" Shivaay, relax, everything is well. I am here. Calm down"
She said as she pressed her lips on his hair many times.

After being in that position for some minutes, shivaay slowly pulled himself apart. He saw Annika smiling at him. He took his hands forward and brushed his fingers on her face. He closed his eyes, tears escaped him his eyes as he absorbed the moment. He felt wetness on her cheeks too. He smiled, they were still ONE.
Even if shattered, the were two peices of the same glass.

" How come you are here" he questioned, still with eyes closed.
Cupping his face, Annika pulled him closer and placed a kiss on both his eyes. Shivaay smiled in response. He joined their foreheads, opened his eyes to see Annika staring at him, her eyes shining with love for him.

Annika interwined their hands, and suddenly shivaay felt her pinch him on his wrist.

"FTW" shivaay screamed.

" Watch" Annika replied, trying to bite her laughter.

" What????"

" What nahi watch- WATCH"
"The watch you are wearing is the one I had gifted you right"

" Ya, I never remove it"

" Yes, it had a location tracker" Annika said as if it was the most obvious thing.
Shivaay stared at her, shocked. Was another Shivaay Singh Oberoi sitting in front of him, he thought.

" What happened, where are you lost?? Don't forget if you are SSO then I am ASSO. Smarter than you"
Annika laughed as she knocked her fingers on his forehead.

" So we just had a role reversal!" shivaay exclaimed with a smile.

" Or May be we were always the same."
Annika said as her voice broke.

A tear escaped from her eye which shivaay wiped immediately.

" Means whenever I felt you around, you were actually there? And i thought my sensometer was betraying me"

Annika nodded as she rubbed her nose with her hand, trying to stop her tears.

Seeing this, shivaay pinched annika's nose
" You look so cute"

And then they were wrapped with silence. Annika went close, wrapped her hands around his waist and put her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

" I feel alive now" she whispered.
"Same" shivaay said as he pulled her even more close.

" I stayed away to protect you from my monsters. I was scared of my ownself shivaay. Won't say I have become comfortable with my darkness, but i know with your companionship i will be able to handle it better. It took me long to realise it, but here I am. "

Shivaay didn't say anything. He understood completely what Annika felt. He didn't wish to make her feel uncomfortable. Yes they had to share many things, have confrontations but what mattered currently was them being together.

He kissed on her forehead and Annika kisses his chest in response . 

"I Love You"
They both muttered together while their love shone under the moonlight.

So guys..here is the last part of shattered. Waiting for your feedback guys