Caregiver | Part 16

Start from the beginning

"Wait! Miss!" You called her, putting down the ladle in your hand and ran after her. Your voice was loud enough for her to halt, and slowly she turned around.

You began to slow down as you approached her, and you admitted to yourself that she looked much prettier in person. No wonder why Taehyung fell for her. Was.

The woman stood in front of you, wiping her remaining tears. Then she folded her arms, focusing on you.

"I... um..." you actually wanted to tell her about her handbag which she forgot about on the coffee table, but to see such sadness in her face had changed your mind. "Um... Care to have a seat for a while...?"

You wished that she said no and left just like that. As in, walking away from Taehyung's life for good. But being a kind hearted person made you thought of otherwise.

"No it's okay. I'm just gonna leave anyway." She said in her trembling voice, and you nodded as you already expected her response. At least you're being nice, so you couldn't care less if she turned you down.

"Well... your handbag is in the living room..." you said, pointing at your back.

"Oh! Right..." she was about to go and take back her handbag when you offered to get it yourself. "Don't bother. I'll go get it for you."

You quickly went to the living room and grabbed the expensive handbag, running your way back to where she was at. "Here you go." You handed over the handbag to her, and she took it from your hand with a smile on her face. A face of sorrow hid behind the mask of her smile.

"Thank you, miss...?"

She paused, giving you that look as if she was waiting for your response. You were a bit slow to figure out why she was looking at you like that.

"Oh... Lee Suyin. Just call me Suyin. I'm–" you were reluctant to mention Taehyung's name the fact that they must had such bad argument by the way she cried just now. "I'm Mr Kim's caregiver."

She nodded, opening her handbag and took out a piece of tissue from it. "I'm Jeon Mi-Do." She introduced herself. You waited for her to mention her relationship status with Taehyung, but she didn't said anything afterward.

"You sure you don't want to stay for a while? I'll make you a cup of tea though." You offered again. You didn't know what driven you to be so nice to the person who happened to be the reason behind Taehyung's depressive mood.

You noticed she averted her eyes from you to the direction behind you which made the smile on her face faded, and when you looked over your shoulder Taehyung immediately looked away, avoiding eye contact with you. In just a swift motion he turned the wheelchair around and headed to his room.

"No. It's okay. I... I have to go. Nice meeting you, Suyin." She turned around and finally walked out of the door.

"Okay. Nice meeting you too, Miss Jeon!" You bid farewell to her but she couldn't heard you as she already closed the door shut.

The atmosphere went silent again, and the only sound that to be heard across the quiet room was the heavy sigh of your breath. "Is my whole life like a movie now? What have I gotten myself into." You mumbled to the situation you were in. Yesterday you had just confronted that snobby friend of Taehyung, and today you met the ex-girlfriend. You shook your head.

And so, you set the dining table ready for his breakfast time. Upon standing in front of his door, you were just going to call him when you heard a sudden loud crashing sound from the inside of his room.

That just not any normal sound. That's the sound of broken glass. The loud noise became even louder which made you perturbed. "Taehyung! What's going on in there??" You shouted, face looking utterly anxious.

You worried so much that he might going to hurt himself.

Eventually the loud crashing stopped, and that's not a good sign. You grasped the doorknob and twirled it opened, only to be gawked in disbelief as you saw a whole lot of broken glass fragments on the floor.

You laid your eyes on Taehyung who was back-facing you, completely unmoved. You rushed to him, but the fragments were literally everywhere on the floor where you accidentally stepped on few pieces of the broken glasses with a sharp crack of its sound.

You proceeded on reaching out to him while tiptoeing your way through the fragments. Turns out, the broken glasses were from the frames of his photos, which now scattered around on the floor.

You managed to approach him, went to his front and knelt down before him.

"Taehyung, you okay–"

You paused as your eyes fell on his hand. He grasped onto something in his palm, holding it firmly that his hand was shaking.

The thing that he gripped like his whole life was depending on it, was a piece of the broken glass.

A stream of blood slowly dripping down from his hand.