Chapter 51

Liam's POV.

As soon as I had made it to my hallway, I immediately knew that my hunch that something was off was correct.

First off, the door was swung open, I could tell this from down the hallway.

Second, I heard Michael's voice projecting from within the room, seeming to be directed towards another person.

I took a deep breath as I finally rounded the doorframe.

I peeked in, and my heart stopped.

I recognized her, I could recognize her from any angle. I knew that dark flowing brown hair, I knew the way that her legs curved. I knew it was her.

But the question was, why the hell was she standing in my dorm room?

Just as this thought crossed my mind, I watched as Kendall's body turned.

When she made eye contact with me, I swear a star was exploding in the sky. Yet I couldn't say a word as we aimlessly stared into each other's eyes.

Tears began to form at the corners of her eyes. I rushed towards her to wipe them away before they fell down her cheeks, but before I could make contact with her face, the last thing that I would have expected to happen, happened.

She slapped me.

-

Kendall's POV.

I stood in place for a good few minutes, staring into the hurting familiar brown eyes that I had learned to know so well.

It wasn't until after that amount of time that a feeling finally washed over me.

My vision began to go blurry as tears formed at the corners of my eyes. I watched through a cloudy film as Liam rushed towards me with a worried expression.

My heart began to beat and skip as he came closer, so much that all the stress, anger, and sadness pent up inside of me came out all at once into a heavy, unforgiving smack across Liam's face.

As soon as I heard the sound of contact, the tears that had been held up inside of myself escaped down my cheeks, not showing any sign of stopping.

Liam was froze in place, both of his hands cupping his reddening cheek. His expression was also froze, his mouth resembling an "o" shape.

I ran past him, not able to stay in that room for another minute. I heard the shuffle and mumbling of Harry behind me, supposing he was following in comfort.

Not until I was out of the building, on a bench hidden by a few small trees did my mind begin processing again.

This whole time, the entire "search", was all covering a useless accusation made that was nowhere near true. Liam was alive, going to college.

But, how?

The guy I ran into at the airport, I could've sworn on my life that was him. The guy on top of the building, I was sure of that being him too. The letters that we had received, the goodbye letter we found in his house, the "backwards k theory", all of the factors were not yet connecting. I was confused. And I wanted answers.

But first, I needed to sort out my feelings towards Liam. Was I ready to forgive him for everything yet?

Just as I began to calm myself down, Harry appeared from behind the closing trees.

"Finally, found you," he breathed in relief. "Are you okay?" I sniffed, wiping my nose and eyes.

"I think."

"I think...that doesn't sound very convincing," he smiled meekly.

I dryly chuckled in response. "I'm just trying to figure out how I feel, about all this." Harry nodded understandingly.

"Do you want to be alone?"

"Um, yeah if I could, that'd be great," Harry politely nods and exits the small hidden garden.

I started to think about all my questions, and how I felt, opening my heart to the sky for answers.

But I got nothing in return, and decided that this meant I needed to know more.

I needed to know the full story before I could make any decision about how I felt. I pulled myself from the bench and began my way back up the building, slowly; again not sure if I wanted to know what I was about to hear.

Finally I arrived in front of the wooden door. I knocked, lightly before it was swung open by Harry.

As I walked into the room, the air seemed to grow hot. Liam was nowhere in sight, but Michael was spread across his bed, strumming some random chords on an acoustic guitar.

"Where's Liam." I asked, determined to not seem as weak as I felt on the inside.

"He just went into the bathroom, he-"

In the middle of Michael's sentence, the bathroom door swung open, revealing Liam, his eyes red and puffy, but all in all looking much more put together than before I slapped him.

Once he saw me, he stopped cold in his tracks. I searched my brain for something to say, something to make it less awkward but-

"Sorry for uh, slapping you," was all that came out.

Liam didn't say a word, he simply stared at me with no emotion behind his eyes, except for a small hint of the sadness still left behind from earlier. I sighed to fill the blank.

"That's it, Liam. I need answers. I need to know what happened, from that very first day you left. I want to know every detail. I need to. And you need to tell me it. Now."

Finally, Liam spoke. But first he nodded, and walked over to the bed that Michael was not occupying. He looked over to me.

"Come, sit down. It's a long story."

I took a breath and nodded. Walking over to the bed, I carefully placed myself on Michael's, which he gratefully moved from to make space.

Harry sat next to me, and I pulled up my knees to my chest.

"Okay, I'm ready."

-

A/N: ayyye im sorry for the short hiatus, I didn't even plan on it but i wasn't sure which way I wanted to take this chapter, and I didn't want to write it then hate it and have to do it all over again

this story has abouttt three chapters left?? that is estimating btw I really have no idea lmao

comment your theories here for liam's story, I wanna read themm

enjoy this chapt!! ly