Chapter 21

Liam's POV.

I woke up to a blue ceiling and a killer headache. All I could remember was Kendall helping me to the nurse, and the rest was blank. I got up slowly, and once I realized I wasn't dizzy, I walked into the empty hallways of my school. A clock on the wall said it was three o'clock, so that explained the deserted halls.

I grabbed my stuff out of my locker before walking out the doors.

As I walked along the sidewalk, a sleek black car pulled up to my side, slowing to my pace. I began to walk a little faster, and the car sped up a bit. I was about to break into a sprint, until the driver rolled down his window, showing a laughing Harry.

"You were seriously freaking out dude." He laughed as he noticed my stunned face.

"Hop in."

I shrugged and ran to the other side of the car, sliding into the passenger seat.

He was my friend, after all.

***

Kendall's POV.

"You can go now sweetie." Ms. Falten told me. I sighed and nodded. The bell had just rang, announcing last period had just started.

I walked into the deserted halls, going to my locker to gather my stuff for my final class.

But before I could grab anything, someone slammed my locker door shut. I rolled my eyes and turned to the person I was about to slap, but my eyes widened when I realized Louis was there. He smirked.

"Hey babe." I rolled my eyes before taking a step away from him.

"What do you want, Louis." I sighed.

"Hmm....you." I laughed and covered my mouth to contain my smile.

"Funny..." I said as I walked away from him. But seconds later, a hand gripped my wrist.

"Where do you think you're going, sweetheart?"

"Um, home." I scoffed. He clicked his tongue.

"I...don't think so," he said with a smile.

His grip on my wrist tightened as he began dragging me. I scratched and punched, bit and kicked, but he wouldn't let go.

"Let...me...go!" I screamed as he pulled me harder. Pretty soon we were in the guy's locker room.

Suddenly I was yanked to my feet, spun around, only for Louis to slam his lips onto mine. I stood there, shocked for a minute. But immediately I realized what I was doing and I pushed his chest away from mine. As soon as we were apart, I slapped him, hard across the face.

"You little shit."

And then I ran out.

***

Liam's POV.

I laughed as Harry yet again attempted to make a funny joke.

The joke itself wasn't funny, but the amount of stupidity put into it made it funny all the same.

We didn't end up going to my house, Harry instead insisted he take me to the mall to "hang".

"Let's go in here," he said as he pointed to some dude store I had never heard of.

"This place is known for their skinny skinny jeans. You literally have to have someone help you get them off."

"Well, what are we waiting for?" I said with a laugh.

***

After attempting to get into way too many pairs of skinny skinny jeans, we decided on a quiet coffee shop to relax.

We both ordered our coffee before taking a seat near the back of the shop.

"Thank you Harry," I whispered to him as soon as he sat down.

"For what?"

"For being my friend. Like, an actual friend. My last two friendships crashed and burned. It turned out one was just hanging out with me because he felt bad for me. The other guy was dared to be my friend for some certain amount of time."

I noticed how Harry shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"What's wrong?" I asked, confused.

"Oh nothing, nothing. I just have to go now, I'll drop you off?" he said quickly.

Okay...

"Nah, I'll just call my mom, I have to go get her some facial stuff anyway." He nodded before getting up rather quickly and rushing out of the shop. I counted to ten before running out after him. I wanted to know what was going on.

I followed a ways behind him, making sure he couldn't see me. He turned into an alley, and I quietly crept up to the corner to listen in.

***

Harry's POV.

I turned into the alley I texted Zayn to meet me at, crossing my fingers that he wouldn't crush my face into the ground.

He stood there, hood up, looking down at his phone. I cleared my throat, making Zayn's head shoot up.

"What's up Harry? You're not getting that money if that's what this is all about." He spoke slowly, as if he knew something I didn't.

"No no no, Zayn, I can't do this anymore. I won't."

"You can't do what?" he asked innocently.

I furrowed my brow, he knows exactly what this was about.

"The bet, being friends with Liam. I'm not doing it anymore. I'm not going to pretend to be friends with Liam for money."

I couldn't hurt Liam anymore. He was too nice.

Sure, I really needed the money.

But what if I wanted out?

"Dude, do you think he's never going to find out about this or something?"

"No, he won't find out."

"Are you sure?" he said as he pointed behind me. I froze.

I slowly turned around, and about 20 feet away , stood Liam, tears streaming down his face.

Shit.

A/N:

nopenopenopenopenOPENOPENOPE