Chapter 5

Liam's POV

"I'm Kendall." she said.

"I-I -I'm Liam." I stuttered out.

She chuckled before nodding her head in response.

"Hey, uhh thanks for helping me out back there." I said, scratching the back of my neck. She nodded.

"No problem." Just as she finished her sentence, a girl walked in. As she sees me, her eyes go wide.

"Am I in the girl's bathroom?" I whisper yelled. Kendall just laughed, a laugh that made her eyes crinkle at the edges and her dimples become prominent in her cheeks. She finally nodded, and I rolled my eyes before walking out the door.

***

The next day I walked to school with my earbuds in, listening to music, blocking out the sounds of our busy school. I walked in the glass doors, heading to my locker. Just as I grabbed my supplies, my headphones were ripped out of my ears.

Oh no. This early in my day?

I turned around slowly, letting out a breath as I realized it was just Kendall. Today she was sporting white high waisted shorts and a black crop top, her lips stained her usual bright red color.

I was surprised so many girls were wearing shorts already. It was still pretty cold outside.

"Hey Liam!" she said. We began walking down the hallways, seeming to hold easy conversation with each other.

"So uhh, I'll see you at lunch?" I asked her as we were about to go our separate ways before the bell rang.

"Yeah!" she said excitedly.

"See ya Liam!" she smiled before running down the halls to get to her art class. I waved and smiled back.

Finally, I think I had a friend of some sort.

***

After my first two classes of the day, I headed to the lunchroom, grabbing a blue school lunch tray and waiting in the long line. All of a sudden someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around.

"Hey Kendall! " I said with a smile.

"So you have to eat this distrusting crap too huh?" she said laughing, a disgusted look on her face.

"Yup." I replied. We both got our lunches and paid for them.

"Where do you wanna.."

"Wherever you sit normally is fine, Liam." she assured. I led her over to my usual table.

"Kendall, are you sure you wanna sit here, I'm usually the only one..."

"Liam! It's fine," she said, sliding into the seat across from me. We talked about our day, me learning that she wanted to be an artist or singer.

"You should come by my studio sometime." I smiled, not realizing that I said it aloud.

"You have your own studio?" she gasped. I nodded.

"Yeah. Umm, sorry I don't know why I said that you don't have to I-"

"I would love to Liam." she said while she laid her hand on top of mine.

I smiled.

"Actually, are you busy today after school?" she asked genuinely. I shook my head.

"Well then maybe I could come over today?" she questioned. I nodded again.

"Okay, just send me a text after school with your address," she said. I handed her my phone, and she made a contact for herself, sending a quick text to her own phone.

"Bye!" I said as I walked out of the lunchroom. I quickly looked at the recently made contact. It was named "Kendall<3"

and I blushed at the heart, even though it was a rather normal thing to do. I quickly shut my phone off before heading to the rest of my classes.

***

After the final bell rang, proclaiming the end of school, I rushed to my locker, grabbing my stuff, and pulling my phone out. I shot Kendall a quick text telling her my address. As I arrived home, I dropped my bag on the floor, heading to my studio.

It used to be our family shed, but we sold everything in it for extra money, and with the small allowance I had, I created my studio. I put all my guitars and recording appliances in here, allowing me to record my songs on tape. As I was adjusting the nobs on the speaker system, I heard a knock on the door, and Kendall walked in.

"This is your studio?" she gasped. I nodded.

"It's awesome." she smiled.

"Can-can I try singing?" she asked politely.

"Yeah, of course!" I smile, curious to hear her sing.

(A/N-The song is Just a dream by Nelly)

"So I travel back

down that road

will she come back

no one knows

open my eyes

it was only just a dream."

She held out the last note, twisting and turning it in a skillful, beautiful manner. She faded off her last word before bursting out in laughter.

"Anyway... how was it? No lying."

"That was amazing Kendall, amazing." She blushed.

"So... When do I get to hear you sing?" she smiled.

"Some other time." I smiled back. My songs were a piece of me that I had not shown anyone.

Anyone.

She pouted.

"Okaaaaay. But..." suddenly she lunged at me, ripped the tape out of my hands and leaped for the player. I quickly grabbed her wrists and pulled her back, and we both plummeted to the ground, her on top of me. She giggled.

"Hey I was close." she whined. I chuckled.

"That was not wise, my child."

"You're such an idiot." she said with a smile, before crashing her lips onto mine.

A/N: well I don't have anything to say except

tHAT ESCALATED QUICKLY

oh oK