Chapter 37

Harry's POV.

I laughed, sticking out my tongue after Kendall accused me of being a liar.

She rolled her eyes in the way that she always did, causing me to smile so big my cheeks began to hurt.

I studied her face as she shuffled the deck of cards.

Her brows knit together and her eyes were concentrated.

Her eyes.

The green irises were of nothing I'd ever seen before in my life.

The green was not mixed with any other colour.

Not a trace of blue or gold.

The colour was a vibrant, piercing green that only seemed possible in stories.

"I never noticed how green your eyes are," I mumbled, staring at her. Her cheeks went a bit red at my remark.

"Look who's talking," she nudged my shoulder. It was true, I always got compliments on my eyes. But my eyes could never beat out Kendall's.

"You always know what to say. Why did I ever break up with you?" The words came tumbling out before I could stop them.

"Because you were moving hours away." Her lips turned down into a frown and all I wanted to do was make her smile again.

"And how far away am I now?" I asked her in a whisper. Before I could stop myself, I leaned forward, my nose brushing her cheek. I could feel her shiver at the sudden contact.

She didn't respond, which made me a bit hesitant.

But before I had any time to overanalyse it, I leaned into her ear.

"Real close," I answered for her. I made my way back to the front of her face before touching my lips to hers.

-

I grabbed the side of her face, pulling her closer to me. She relaxed a bit, but as soon as I slipped my tongue into her mouth, she pushed at my chest.

I kept going though, hoping she wasn't trying to reject me. But as I tried again, she pushed harder, although it didn't quite have the same effect she thought.

Instead of me faltering back, she became tipsy and fell backwards, off the bed.

I stood to help her up, but her eyes widened as she scrambled until she hit the other wall.

It felt like a punch in the gut.

I turned around, not letting her see the look of sadness that had to have been on my face.

"Harry I-" Her voice was sad, and pitiful.

"Stop. Don't you dare pity me." I turned on my heel, opening the door and slamming it behind me.

-

Kendall's POV.

I stared at the door for a good twenty minutes before deciding to at least attempt to get up.

I was so confused.

Harry tried to kiss me.

It sort of boiled a small pit of anger in me, because he knew how I felt about Liam.

I loved Liam.

And for Harry to make a move on me...

What was he even thinking?

The anger inside of me increased and I stood up from the ground, determined to find Harry and make him tell me why the hell he did that.

I opened the door to our room, looking down both ends of the hallway. No sign of him.

Careful to not make any loud noises, I walked towards the door that held a staircase that led down to the lobby.

A few last minute check ins were at the front desk, negotiating how to fit six of them into one room.

Pulling my coat closer to my body, I pushed open the doors and stepped out of the hotel.

Not a single clue to where the hell Harry was.

My anger had subsided to fear and worry by now, considering it would be dark in a few hours.

"Harry?" I started calling into the chilly air. "Harry!"

No response.

Feeling panicked, I rushed back inside the hotel.

"Have you seen a man leave the building, really tall, long brown curly hair, tattoos?" I asked the man at the front desk.

"No ma'am I'm afraid I have not. I am very sorry," he shook his head.

So he didn't leave the hotel, but he wasn't in the room. This hotel wasn't very large, so there was so many places he could be.

I easily found the pool room, but only a family with two small kids took up the entire area.

The workout room only held a handful of men, all of them overly worked out and very muscle-y.

The breakfast bar held no one, since breakfast was long gone.

"Excuse me," I tapped on the marble on the front desk. "Is there any other rooms open to guests besides the pool and workout room?"

"Oh, yes, the roof is open to all, it's such a grand view from up there. You should check it out." Before he barely finished his sentence I rushed to the elevator, hitting the topmost button.

I sure hope that Harry wasn't doing what I thought.

-

The elevator let me out in front of a sign with the word rooftop on it and an arrow pointing to the right.

I ran up the small flight of stairs, pushing the door open with such force I was sure it had almost came off it's hinges.

I stood frozen at the sight in front of me.

Harry was here, on the roof.

But he wasn't just on the roof.

He was on the edge of it.

-