Chapter 43

Kendall's POV.

After hanging up with Ashton, I immediately turned to see Harry still sitting on the couch, Liam's letter clutched tightly in his hand.

His gaze was set down into his lap, and small tears rolled down his cheeks.

It was such a weird thing, to see such a strong person cry so much.

"Harry," I whispered as I sat down next to him, resting my hand on his back. "Are you okay?" He sniffed.

"Yeah, I'm fine." His voice came out small and weak, and I almost burst into tears right then and there, just from that.

Harry's voice resembled when his grandmother had died, that same small, vulnerable whisper escaped his mouth that day.

I wrapped my arms around him, giving him a tight hug. He needed it, and I did also.

"Are you ready to switch?" Harry asked. I felt my chest tighten immediately.

"I-" I didn't get to finish my sentence, as I quickly scrambled to my feet before throwing up my lunch in the small bathroom across from the kitchen.

I could hear the clunk of Harry's converse against the wooden floors as he nervously followed behind me.

"Kendall? Let's call it a day. You need rest, it's starting to get late anyways. We'll come back tomorrow, okay?" He held the hair back from my face as I held onto the counter for support.

Not wanting to stop at this point, I shook my head.

But then I remembered that just seconds ago I was throwing up, so I quietly nodded, allowing Harry to grab my elbow and lead the way.

-

We arrived at the hotel we booked after a ten minute taxi ride across town.

"Harry, can I ask you something?" I said once we had both relaxed into our beds.

"Of course, anything," he replied simply. I nodded then took a deep breath before speaking.

"When your father died... how-how did your family, live after that? Knowing he was gone?"

{A/N: omg but just imagine Harry actually saying this with his accent and him being all tired and mumbly aGhHgGGg k bye}

"But he never really left, did he? We know that he is watching over us, we see him almost every day. We see him in the glint off the windows in the sunlight, in the leaves wrestling each other across the streets in the fall wind, in the earliest chirping of the birds in the morning... We see him in the first snowfall of every winter, and the first blades of grass sticking out from the melting snow as the remains of winter vanish. We see him everyday, in every possible viewpoint. We know he's always around. He never will be fully gone, I don't think."

After Harry's long and passionate speech, it was easy to let the tears flow down my cheeks.

He had turned a horrible, horrible thing, and turned it into something amazing.

"Harry, that was, beautiful," I choked out. Even though I couldn't look at him, I knew he was nodding in thanks.

"Anything else you'd like to ask me?" I sighed, turning to face him.

"The letter. Is it... "

"Bad? Yes. Unbearable? No. It just hurts to read his sad words and then realize he-" Harry suddenly paused, casting his gaze down to his furry orange socks.

"Realize he what? Harry?" He shook his head. "Harry tell me."

"I-I really don't want to." His voice had become a whisper.

"Harry, please just tell me. I can handle it." He slowly looked up into my pleading eyes. He sighed.

"It hurts, to realize that he...that he deserved it."

A/N: sorry a little short urg

but ily guys

and stay strong bc after that long paragraph phew