Claire in the Mirror

Start from the beginning

"I'd appreciate that Troy." Troy smiled back at her.  He is seven years older than her and was a rogue before he was imprinted to her. Now he stands as her personal body guard especially that the Luna is a constant threat to her. He is strong and muscular, handsome in his own way and has a beautiful tan complexion. Troy exudes an aura of danger when angry, and warmth in normal days.  She likes Troy because he cares for her a lot,  stands between her and to anyone who wishes to harm her,  and her greatest comforter since Josephine had died. He is ruggedly handsome with a scar on his cheek that only adds to his appeal.  His black hair  is shiny and thick, and his dark eyes holds a thousand secrets. His chest is hard like concrete, and Mona feels secure everytime she is in his embrace.  So she did, embraced Troy.

"What is this for?" he asked looking abashed, Troy the man of steel was caught off-guard.

"My advance thank you for checking out Dad." she said sweetly. 

"Alright,  you don't have to do that." he said pulling away laughing.  He messed the top of her head. "You're such a kid." he said as he messed her hair even more. Mona laughed and let him just mess her hair.

Tristan was on the hallway now,  thinking about his loads of paperwork  waiting on his table.  Then he saw a very familiar figure.  He's positive that it is Troy,  hugging a girl who looks very familiar too. And when he pulled back, she looks at him with those happy eyes,  something within Tristan explodes.
Tristan clenched his fist on what he saw.  Mona,  his fiancee is flirting with her body guard. He really don't  feel good with that Troy guy hanging around Mona,  and his instincts are always correct.  Mona on the other hand,  seems to be enjoying  his company.  Seriously, what is going on between them? He feels that the hot boiling sensation with in him has risen,  he would like to punch him in the face once and for all.  A voice stops him. 

"Tristan,  your mother wants me to give you this." a sweet voice echoed in the hall.  It was Leizel handing out a brown envelope to him.  Once more,  his heart did a backflip.  Leizel's effects on him is as strong as before,  she could still make him go out of his senses. Suddenly his anger was extinguished. Mona looked to them and he made sure that she will see how he touched Leizel's hand. But it is undeniable that he still have overflowing feelings for Leizel. He want to curse her for what she did but his heart had forgiven her already. He have almost killed Henry upon knowing his betrayal. He was his bestfriend yet he never told him anything.  He just let him fall for her too deep before he learned about their relationship and vow leaving him devastated. 

"Thank you Leiz. Maybe you can help me sort some folders in the office."he replied huskily.

"Tristan,  please..."she whispered pleading,  mostly restraining her emotions.  Their bond maybe broken but there still has remnants of emotions in her heart.

"Yes,  you will help me." he finally said and took her hand on his.  Leizel just followed. They walked towards Troy and Mona,  and he smirked in her face. 

Once Tristan and Leizel passed by them,  Mona and Troy just exchanged looks. 

"You fine?" Troy said, worry is in his voice.

"Of course!  Why shouldn't I?" she shrugged. But deep inside,  there is a little pinch in her heart. Troy looks at her in disbelief,  his eyebrow rising.

"Trust me.  I am more attached to you than to him!" she laughs and led him to the elevator. "Let's use the elevator now,  the stairs are tiring." Troy just smiled at her.

After the general check up in the Clinic where Dr.  Hans concluded that Mona is in excellent condition with a healthy womb at top of that,  Miranda looks more grim.  Maybe the Luna is hoping that she may have health issues to raise her claim that she is not fitting to be an Alpha's bride.  Well,  sorry not sorry.  Thanks to her Granny's 18 years of tender loving care,  her health and body is perfect. 

They proceed to the designer to pick her wedding gown.  And according to the Black Moon tradition, the bride will wear a gown in midnight blue, as they believed,  it is the Moon Goddess' color.  As usual,  Miranda picked the gown for her.  She picked a midnight blue trumpet gown in satin and lace material.  It hugs her body perfectly,  her figure fully emphasized.  It has a low back design exposing her creamy skin.  Ms.  Joyce, the designer never stop her compliments and admiration.  Mumbling how pretty Mona is.

Ms. Joyce is pretty herself.  She's like a supermodel,  very tall and she has slight similarities with Gigi Hadid. Her entire aura shouts elegance and sophistication. She's wearing a peach coat and slacks,  white silky inner, and  minimal jewelries. Her shoulder-length straight light brown hair is tied in a pony tail.  She's wearing a make up that greatly accentuates her lovely cheekbones.  Mona estimates her to be as old as Troy. She is now adjusting the zipper of her dress as she face herself in the mirror.  Mona still can't believe that the reflection on the mirror is her. She's her but isn't. She lost deep in her thoughts until Ms. Joyce speaks, her voice musical.

"You look like your mother. The similarities are uncanny as if I am seeing her alive and well."

"You know my Mom?" she looked startled

"Of course! Who would not know her. She is the most beautiful woman in the pack. " She smiled as if reminiscing a beautiful memory.

"She and my Mom are bestfriends.  I was four years old when she was at this same spot.  Fitting a gown for her wedding. She was exquisite... My mom was her designer and is  already running this shop.  It was just a tiny shop before but as you can see,  we have expanded. "

"I have not met my Mom." sadness in her voice,  now she can place where she'd seen the woman in the mirror who looks just like her but isn't. Her Mom's huge portait in her father's study.  Her eyes swim with tears. "I don't have any memory of her either. She died early after my birth."

"Yeah. That's very sad.  My mom was devastated too.  She was an amazing woman,  both beautiful  in heart and soul."

"I wish I met her." she whispered.

"You are already meeting her." Joyce gently squeezes her shoulder.

"Claire?!?" a surprised and unbelieving voice speaks behind them. Both at them looked at the mirror and saw an elegant-looking woman in her fifties or so. 

"Mom!" Joyce exclaimed.  "I was just talking about you and here you are!" She said happily and hugged her mother. Mona faced them, she felt a little jealousy looking at them,  seeing how sweet and lovely their bond is. Could they be like them too,  if her mother had lived? She smiled sadly.

"I thought I was seeing Claire back to life.  I couldn't believe my eyes." Joyce's mom is teary eyed.

"Mom,  this is Mona Mayfield.  She's your best friend Claire's daughter. Mona,  this is my Mom, Joeylyn Wilson"

"Hello dear! I am glad to see you."  Mrs.  Wilson hugged her and give her wet kisses on both of her cheeks.  She's crying, muttering how she misses Mona's mother.

"Mom, you're making Mona  uncomfortable." Joyce speaks to her mother.  "She's our client."

"Oh sorry.  I couldn't  help myself.  Pardon my rudeness..." Mrs.. Wilson replied in a low tone.

"It's okay Mom.  I understand..." Mona said politely.

Joeylyn touched Mona's face and smiled sadly. Mona knows that she's seeing her mother in her.

"The last time I saw her was when she was fitting her wedding dress. She was soo beautiful..." Mrs. Wilson started,  her fingers moving to the silky satin of her gown.

"Yes.  I bet she was beautiful and was totally perfect for my father." Mona uttered silently.

"But it was not your father whom she'll marry though.. " Mrs. Wilson said in a hushed voice.  Mona looked suprised.  If her mother was not going to marry her father,  then who? As if Mrs. Wilson was able to read her mind,  she replied.

"She's about to marry William Jones. The Alpha."