Affection | Chpt 47

Start from the beginning

"Yup. And I, think too much. We balance each other out," I said.

"Think too much about..."

"Everything." I caught his fist and he tugged it away, bringing his knee now to my abdomen. I pushed back and caught his kick, much lower than mine. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Should I tell Kacchan about..." I glanced up at him. "You know."

"Oh!" he said, understanding that I had meant the kiss we had shared before Kacchan had come to find me. I kicked at his side, catching him off guard before the top of my foot connected with his ribs. He stumbled away and my hands flew up to my mouth.

"Oh my--I'm so sorry Kiri!" I called. "Are you okay? That was totally my fault I caught you off guard and I--"

"No, no that's fine," he said, clearing his throat.

"Are you sure?!" I asked. "I don't want to bruise you." I reached out to touch his side and he shook his head, pulling away.

"No, I'm okay really. It was just an accident," he replied, standing up straight and stretching out his side. "Come on, let's just continue."

"We can stop if you--"

"(y/n), I'm fine. It's just a little kick."

"My kicks aren't little first of all," I said and he laughed.

"Come on, relax. It's fine," he replied. We set up again, getting into the flow before he let out a long winded breath. "And...to answer your question, you can if you feel like you need to. That's fine with me."

"I just don't want to mess things up with you guys."

"I don't want you to mess with what you've got going with him now either. Bakugo can be surprising, so maybe this won't be a huge deal to him. You never know. If you explain it right, I'm sure he can't get that mad at you. He never can," Kirishima explained. I caught his kick at my side unlike he had with mine.

"Yeah but should I?"

"That's not for me to decide," he said. "All I'm saying is that it's alright with me." I nodded and we finished out the combos. I had no idea if I was going to tell Kacchan. It seemed like the type of thing to get mad at, but it had been before we talked and I was upset and very stupid. Kirishima was his best friend, he can't get that mad at him, but then again Kirishima was his best friend and learning the girl who he was getting close with had kissed his best friend was something to really get mad at. As we were dismissed, I felt a hand catch my arm and I glanced back at Kacchan.

"Way to ditch me," he said.

"What?"

"I was going to ask you to spar," he said.

"Kirishima asked first, I'm sorry," I replied. "I'll spar with you next time."

"Well fine then," he said, pouting slightly. I could tell he was trying not to get jealous. "How about I kick your ass in some video games now?"

"Hmm," I hummed, placing a finger on my chin in fake contemplation. "As tempting as that sounds, I think you're forgetting we have homework." I gestured to the board and he scoffed.

"Okay so we do that and then I kick your ass."

"I can't, Izuku and I are doing our homework together," I said. This was partly true, considering I had invited him to my dorm to talk about Kacchan and we would most likely be multi tasking.

"Ugh, what the hell?"

"He--"

"Asked first. I know," Kacchan muttered and I smirked. "Why the fuck are you hanging out with Deku anyways?"

"Because he's one of my best friends?"

"Pft," Kacchan scoffed and I crossed my arms over my stomach.

"Kacchan...are you jealous?" he grimaced at me and shoved my shoulder lightly. He didn't make any effort to deny it, however. "You know you don't have to hang out with me all day, everyday. I've been meaning to tell you that you're forgiven."

"What? Why?"

"Because of that stunt you pulled this morning. It was very sweet, but I do not want that to happen in front of everyone again," I said. "So you are forgiven, that was very big of you."

"Alright...and?"

"So you don't have to be so intent on making it up to me anymore," I said.

"Are you dense?"

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"I'm not hanging around you because I'm trying to get your forgiveness, idiot. I'm hanging around you because I want to," he replied and I felt my throat grow tight. I knew that already, but I had been burying that fact deep so that I might keep my cool. It was getting harder and harder to think about this as if we were just friends flirting with each other. Of course it wasn't that simple, which was what was killing me.

"Okay, but I have other people to hang out with and so do you," I said. "As much as I like spending time with you, I can't just forget everyone else."

"Ugh, I know," he scoffed and I smiled slightly.

"I'll see you later, promise," I said, nodding firmly and turning to get my bag.

"Wait," he said, causing me to reverse and turn back to him.

"Yeah?" I stared up at him expectantly, await what he might do or say. I watched him swallow and his lips press together tightly. He took the action route, scooping underneath both my arms so that they were forced upwards and around his shoulders. He squeezed tight around my chest, burying his face in my collarbone his face warm with embarrassment. I hugged back, running my nails gently against the nape of his neck, slightly in his hair. I was barely on my toes at this point, having him hold me up in a tight hug. "You don't have to--" I stopped myself, squeezing into the hug tighter. He didn't respond, letting me down and out of the embrace.

"Later."

"I didn't take you for such an affectionate guy," I replied. I placed the back of my hand against his fiery cheek with a soft smile.

"Yeah well...I'm not," he said and I felt my chest warm, knowing that it must be me that brings it out of him. It was almost like he was marking his territory in a way, so that I might not forget his affection while hanging out with Deku. It made my stomach twist to think that I had kissed Kirishima now that he had hugged me like this. Even if it was before, I was that girl who went behind his back to kiss his best friend. I tugged my bag around my shoulder with a soft wave and he nodded as I left the classroom. Maybe I wouldn't have to wait as long as I thought with Kacchan and idea made me happy but horrifically nervous.

~Calymari