Affection | Chpt 47

Start from the beginning

"Water bear?" I question. "Is that why it reminds you of me? Water?" He glanced around angrily at the other students and they averted their gazes. He sat down in the desk in front of me, mumbling.

"Well yeah and it's cute or whatever you said." I looked up at him scowling and grumbling under his breath before I smiled.

"Thank you."

"Yeah whatever. You're welcome," he replied, getting up and plopping down in his desk. I could see his ears were tinged red and I was so hot I think I might've exploded. I wonder if this was how he felt with his quirk. I stared down at the thing, feeling happiness circle around in my chest. He was trying so goddamn hard and it was really beginning to feel real. I was so utterly embarrassed and I knew I had to pardon him soon. I didn't quite know if I could take anything else he threw at me.

"What the actual fuck?" I glanced at Kaminari, feeling my face go even redder. It seemed that attention was directed mainly at me now with the gift in my hands and my face the color of a tomato.

"What?"

"What the hell was that?" Kaminari asked and I glanced down at the plushie.

"I don't know."

"In Bakugo's crazy intense world, that basically means you're married now," Kaminari said, patting me on the shoulder before standing up and approaching Kacchan's desk with Kirishima. I glanced down at it again, holding it against my chest with a shy smile. Married huh?

"Care to explain what that was all about?" Izuku asked, seating himself in his desk beside me.

"It's...a long story," I said. "I can tell you after school." He looked from the stuffed thing to me with a skeptical look on his face.

"Alright..."

Later that day in Aizawa's class we were instructed to complete sparring sequences 3 and 4 with a partner. I felt a hand on my shoulder, thinking it was Kacchan claiming me as his partner before anyone else could. To my surprise, however, it was Kirishima.

"Spar with me?" he asked and I nodded, setting up with him. From across the way I could see Uraraka partnered with Kacchan, as I had stolen his usual sparring partner. He was looking at me and I smiled gently, blocking a slow kick from Kirishima with my forearm. His face was gentle, not quite angry, as he glanced away to Uraraka. I let out a sigh, kicking back at Kirishima so that he could block it. I knew Kacchan must've wanted to partner with me and I felt slightly bad. "So how are things?"

"Alright," I replied across the short distance between us. We just had to go through the motions at this point to practice hand to hand combat. It was all position to position so that we could get them correct and keep from hurting ourselves.

"With Bakugo?"

"Uh, yeah," I agreed. I didn't know why he was wanting to know from me of all people. He could ask Kacchan, they were friends and I felt so guilty talking about my happiness or success with Kacchan knowing how Kirishima felt about me. He was pretty intent on making sure I knew he was okay, but the guilt was starting to eat me alive.

"I saw that little stunt this morning, he was sweating like crazy before he gave you that thing," Kirishima said, chuckling as he remembered earlier and I felt my face warm. Kirishima grasped my fist in a block. I tugged out, twisting my arm in a release and brought my knee up to his chest.

"Yeah...that was so embarrassing. Sweet, but embarrassing," I said and he chuckled. "He really didn't have to do that in front of everyone. Now people will be asking me about it."

"You know Bakugo, sometimes he doesn't think things through," he replied and I nodded. I turned, Kirishima catching my side kick above his shoulder near his head. He released it and I stepped back, letting him come at me so that I could now block.