Epilouge

Jace Simens

"Ethan, no!" I yelled at him. We were in probably the worst argument of our relationship. Ethan got accepted into LSU—his dream college, but he was willing to give all that up, just for me.

"What the fuck?! Why won't you just let me do what I want? If I want to give it up, let me!" He yelled back with the same—if not more energy.

"It's not worth it. I'm not worth it." My voice softened harshly not wanting him to really hear the last part.

"Are you- Jacen Fucking Simens, if you weren't worth it I wouldn't be willing to give up my fucking dream for you?!"

"Do you hear yourself?! You're willing to go to NYU with me just to make me happy, do you even think about how that makes me feel. I'd be guilty for the rest of my life. I could never live past it, so I'm not letting you do it. Final!" I said tears now streaming down my face.

"It's not your decision." I looked at me thinking about anything that could make him change his mind. I would hate myself forever if I ever let him turn this down. I needed an excuse, and a quick one. Something that'll make him want to forget me, and forget I ever existed.

"I cheated on you." I said simply trying my hardest to not sob.

"You what?"

"I- I..." I stuttered breaking down immediately. I couldn't even say it again, it hurt so much—too much. He was literally everything to me and I couldn't let him waste his life just for me.

"Jace." He said seriously. I looked at him pulling every ounce of anger from me.

"Ethan I don't love you anymore! I don't wanna be with you. You make me feel smothered! Why do you think I'm trying to get rid of you! I'm fucking other people because the thought of you on my body repulses me, just fucking go!" I wasn't even able to look at his eyes. The only did I could do was look at the wall right behind him.

The wall that would soon be clear as day, the door that opened and closed with so much force it was probably knocked off the hinges. I could hear every stomp down the stairs, and I could just visualize the redness on his face. He would never forgive me, and that was probably a good things.

He would go off to college with a fresh start and hopefully not look back. He didn't need me, I was just a setback.

So, now you know, college is what broke them up. But obviously this isn't the end of their story. But I don't know if I want to hop timelines in a part two of this story, or make a sequel