Chapter 53

Grace's P.O.V

Hydron and I avoided the lasers while the brawlers focused their attacks on the alternative. While we dodged, I took notice of Hydron's appearance.

"Hydron, what happened to you?" I asked concerned.

"Just a little meeting with the agonizer," Hydron said simply and I widened my eyes.

His violet eyes stared back at me and he smiled sadly, "I'm okay, Grace, I would much rather I be the one dealing with it than yourself."

"Oh, Hydron," I say my voice trailing off.

My face then twists to one of worry as I shouted, "Look out!"

We flew out of the way and I activated an ability.

"Ability activate! Tainted Nova!"

We stood in facing Zenoheld and Gus looked up at Hydron.

"Hydron! So, you decided to run back to daddy huh?"

"What are you waiting for? Fire!" Zenoheld ordered.

The beams started and I looked at Hydron.

"If you have any plans, now is the time to do so!" I suggested.

"Steady, Dryoid," Hydron said calmly.

Zenoheld let out beams of energy and some hitting Dryoid. Hydron just shrugged it off.

"Huh," He pauses in thought, "Guess he's still mad then."

I held back my laughter at my old friend. He was finally standing up to himself.

"Ability activate! Sword Smasher! Fusion Ability activate! Dual Caliber!"

Dryoid charged and took out the lasers Titan and I flew behind taking out any remaining defenses that could attack Hydron from the back.

"Grace," Hydron stated once we were in the clear, "You have to fall back, I don't want you getting hurt."

I snorted, "Since when has that ever worked on me?"

Hydron sighed, "Fine, shall we tag team the next attack then?"

"I thought you'd never ask," I grinned as we called on our abilities.

One of the lasers hit Titan causing me to stumble back.

"Titan," I called out, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Titan said, "It felt like a tickle."

"Are you okay?" Hydron asked flying over.

I nodded my head, "Yeah."

"How sweet, the two of you had so much potential," Zenoheld's mocking voice snarled as he met our gaze.

"If you had just obeyed my command, you might've been the perfect rulers of Vestal."

"That's not what is important to me," Hydron shouted, "I tried to be the heir you wanted, but if the only way I can be thst is through violence, fear and manipulation, I want no part of it."

"Then you're a fool," Zenoheld shouted, "You are no son to me and will have nothing."

Hydron glared back with a clenched jaw.

"Don't listen to him," I told Hydron, "You have me, you always will. Let's just kick your dad's butt and save the world."

Hydron looked at me and nodded continuing our onslaught of attacks. Each was more devastating than the last.