Chapter 44

Mira's P.O.V

When Grace was beamed up to join my brother, I couldn't help but feel a sudden rush of uncertainty. It was like my brother had staked a claim on her again, even more so now that Gus was missing.

"Hey Mira," Dan said simply and I turn to him.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine," I say with a small smile.

That was a lie, but what other choice did I have?

"Is Grace coming back?" Baron asked concerned and I wasn't the one to answer, Ace was.

"Don't worry Baron, knowing Spectra, we'll see her again."

Baron nodded his head and paused in thought.

"So, what do we do now? I mean we defeated the BT system. But Zenoheld and the Vexos are still at large."

I nodded my head as we paid attention to the screen where Klaus was.

"Do any of you guys know what happened to the Vexos?"

"No," Klaus answered swiftly, "As soon as you guys radioed me, I conducted a dimension scan looking for the mother palace, but it seems I was too late, there was no sign of them anywhere."

"So, the Vexos managed to slip into another dimension, unbelievable," Ace huffed looking at Percival.

"We won the battle, but not the war," the bakugan said grimly.

"Awe man, just when you think it's over," Julie sighed.

"Uh-huh, I thought we were done looking over our shoulders," Runo agreed.

"Okay, take it easy guys," Dan said directing us back with ease.

"They show their ugly mugs around here, we'll take them down again. Drago can beat anything they throw at us. He's evolved into Helix Dragonoid. Let's see those mechanical pieces of junk. Even try something."

"Yes, I dare them," Drago buzzed.

"I'd better stay here in Vestal to keep an eye out just in case, just in case Zenoheld and the Vexos decide to return."

"That's a great idea, thanks Klaus," I stated grateful.

"Not at all, I'm just trying to do my share you guys. I guess it's the-" Klaus begins to say when he was interrupted by his secretary, Sirenoid.

"Master Klaus, It's almost time for the Klaus foundation executive branch board meeting."

Sirenoid then proceeded to reading out his entire schedule and it shocked me how he had time to just talk to us right now.

"Sounds like you're staying in Vestal for a few other reasons other than the Vexos."

"Well that's life in the fast lane my boy," Klaus said, "I guess until next time."

"Take it easy Klaus," Dan concluded as the screen vanished.

"I guess if you two want to head back home to Vestal too, it's cool," Dan told us and I stared.

"Actually Dan, I was hoping to stay on earth to continue my training," Baron said.

"Yeah?" Dan urged him on.

"After watching you and Drago brawling has inspired me. So, I want to get better too. How about it? How about it?"

"I would be honoured if you let me study under you as well, Helix Dragonoid," Nemus agreed.

"Of course," Drago accepted.

"I was thinking of sticking around too," Ace said to everyone's shock.