Chapter 22

Mira's P.O.V

"What have I done Wilda?" I asked my bakugan and leaned against the wall.

I stood and looked out the window.

"You had to this remember Mira," Wilda supported me and I shook my head.

"I know, but my friends think I am a traitor and I would think the same if I were them."

I heard the door open behind me and I turned my head to face Gus. I raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Gus," I greeted and h just stared at me.

"Put this on, Master Spectra requests your presence," was all he said and then he shut the door.

I peered at the dress and sighed. I changed clothes and looked in a mirror. This was a simple white dress and I felt very vulnerable. What was Keith playing at?

"Ready?" Gus asked and I nodded my head.

Gus opened the door to the dining room and I stare at my brother who sat ahead of me with his mask on. He eyed me carefully and smirked.

Grace was there too in her Vexos uniform. She just didn't wear her mask. She looked like she did when she was part of the Resistance.

"Thank you, Gus. You are dismissed."

Gus bowed deeply and left the room. I stared at Grace and my brother with a curious look. What were they up to?

Grace eyed me cautiously and she seemed more relaxed then last time.

"Please, take a seat," Spectra said almost bored through his mask.

"Welcome to the party Mira, I was hoping you'd show up. This brings back so many memories from when it was our trio," Grace commented and sighed happily.

"What do you want with me?" I say instantly breaking the mood.

"Is it so strange to want to share a meal with my dear sister?" Spectra asks casually and I see his hand move to his mask.

I gasped as he placed the mask on his desk. He blinked and I could see his teal eyes.

"Mira, give me a chance," he told me and I turn to Grace.

"How can you trust him so easily? I thought you cared about the bakugan," I say enraged to Grace.

She stared down at her meal silently. Was she even my best friend after all this? Or did I kill the old Grace off for good?

My attention was returned to Keith as he stabbed a piece of steak and took a bite.

"Do you remember when we were children, how we battled each other? How frustrated you would get when you lost?"

"Indeed, they were good days," Grace chimes in and Keith looks up at her with a hint of a smile.

She returned it with the same amount of arrogance. No wonder those two were a good match. They fed off each other so easily.

"You didn't bring me here to go through old memories," I say and Grace sighs.

"Why are you killing the mood?" Grace asked me abruptly and I glared.

"Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be with Hydron?" I snap and she tenses at the mention.

The atmosphere took a cold turn. I immediately regretted my words. Keith fixed his jaw at me and Grace's face turned red with fury.

"Why you little-" Grace begins and Keith turns to her.

"Now Storm, no need to worry. Her words are meaningless. You are where you should be," Keith reassured her.