Chapter 3

Storm's P.O.V

"What do you want Hydron?" I demanded becoming serious.

The Vestal prince smiled.

"Grace, even to this day, I never imagined you would be working for me," He sighed.

"Well, things happen," I say flatly, not wanting to reflect on my time with the Resistance.

Hydron, brought it up again though.

"Really though, after playing around with the Resistance, you finally decide to return home. Even remade yourself in the process."

When I stayed silent, Hydron continued, "Storm Brooke. A fearless warrior and Vexo. She will dominate in battles. But you know what I see? I see Grace Hudson clearly underneath. Storm Brooke is a cover up."

"Well my name is Storm Brooke now. Grace is something of the past," I tell him firmly.

Hydron rose to his feet causing me to stand alert.

"I don't believe that at all. When I look at you, I only see Grace Hudson. I see the girl who was my childhood friend and lover."

He reached towards my face and removed my mask to reveal my brown eyes. A rare colour to have in Vestal. I glared at him and the mention of the word 'lover'.

"I don't recall it," I say absent-minded.

Hydron smiled, "Hm, I happen to remember our daily walks through the gardens. Our nights in the very room we're in now. Our riveting tag battles. We had the audience captivated. Don't you remember?"

I stiffened as he got close to me and I could feel his breath on my neck. I took a deep breath trying to keep my emotions in tow. I remembered everything that happened between us. It was haunting and I remember I loved it at one point in time. There was nothing left though... Was there? No. I saw what he was really doing, that's why I broke it off with him. Wasn't it?

The memory of the break off was distorted in my mind.

When I wasn't speaking Hydron smirked, "You can leave the Vexos and rule with me... Just like old times. Wouldn't you like that?"

"No. I don't want that. I've seen your collection and the way you've treated the bakugan. It's not right," I protested and my fury was pushing through.

"And your teddy bear collection is?" Hydron snapped back.

I glared at the memory.

"You're the one who got them all for me," I argued and he nodded his head frustrated.

"You still kept them, didn't you?"

I was speechless which confirmed his answer.

"Well at least my collection doesn't freeze innocent lives and cause suffering to others."

Hydron rolled his eyes and took a seat back down.

"Moving on from that topic Grace, what is going on with today's mission?"

I swallowed. I expected him to ask this and I hoped it was with Lync and Volt. Those jerks, I bet they planned this.

"Well you see, it's a funny story really," I stammered and he cocked his head.

"Go on."

"We were out on our regular sweep when we stumbled across two humans and the Pyrus Dragonoid who is the final of the six ancient warriors you are looking for. And before you ask, no we didn't catch him for you. But in my defense Lync and Volt battled and lost when the Resistance arrived and battled. The human brawler, Dan, he's strong."