Chapter 31

Baron's P.O.V

I was in the park with Maron and Grace. We left Ace and the thought of getting my own place seemed likely.

"Do you have your own place?" I asked Grace and she shrugged her shoulders.

"I could, but right now I stay with Mira."

"Would you ever want one?" I asked her and she paused in thought.

"It sounds like a cool idea, but I don't know how I would afford one."

"Don't you have money from Hydron when you guys were dating?"

Grace flinched at the mention of the Vestal Prince.

"Sorry Grace, I didn't mean to offend you."

"No Baron, don't worry about it. To answer your question, I did have some money from Hydron, but because of my betrayal, I don't think I'll have the money anymore."

I nodded my head at her.

"Grace, I'm starting to feel uneasy," Titan, her bakugan said quietly.

I looked at Nemus and he agrees.

"Grace?" I asked and see her horrified face.

I heard a card be thrown to the ground and I turn around to see a Subterra card on the ground.

"Hello Baron," I see Prince Hydron greet me with a fake smile.

He looked different. He didn't wear any royal attire and seemed to have gotten more devious just by his smirk.

"That looks like... It can't be," Grace stutters and I've never seen her face more white.

"What's the matter Baron? What's with your face, you've looked like you've seen a ghost," Hydron mocked and looked past me at Grace.

"I must say though; your girl seems more nervous than you."

I turn to briefly glance at Grace concerned.

"Hydron," Grace greeted.

Her voice was firm, but if you listened closer, you could hear her tone falter slightly.

"What are you doing here?" She demanded now with enraged eyes.

"No need to bother with titles Baron. I'm not a prince anymore. Thanks to you and the bakugan brawlers resistance," Hydron said bitterly ignoring Grace's question.

His eyes flickered to Grace and she was in shock hearing the news.

"Well, what do you say then, brawler? Do you think you could take a break from changing diapers and do a little battle?" Hydron proposed and I smiled with anticipation.

"Prince or no prince, we'll be happy to wipe the floor with you, Vexos creep," I fire back.

"Those are such big words for such a little boy," Baron agreed.

"We'll see who the little boy is," Hydron mused and put on his gauntlet.

Grace held a hand on my shoulder to prevent being frozen in time.

"Gauntlet Power Strike!" We called out and the playing field around us froze.

Grace's P.O.V

I couldn't believe my eyes. He was actually here standing in front of me. I felt a tiny pang of guilt wash over me at the news of his title.

It felt weird not seeing him in his royal attire. It was like the old Hydron I grew up with. Once he turned sixteen, something in him snapped. Like he had to grow up to fast.