Chapter 10

Storm's P.O.V

I made my way back to the Vexos and Spectra has his arms crossed in front of me.

"Have the mice been taken care of?"

I nodded my head, "Yep, guards are watching them until you two come dispose of them yourselves."

Spectra gave me a firm nod, "Excellent."

"I assume they'll face the dungeons or death from treason. Mira believes Grace Hudson was tortured by the crown for her role in Mira's Resistance and is dead."

"Interesting story," Spectra commented, "I'm glad that it is just that, only a story."

We exchanged a look and he stared at me silently for a long time. There was a look of longing in his eyes as he stared at me.

"Spectra, something up?" I ask him quietly.

"Nope," he let out and walked past me. He brushed my shoulder with his own and continued walking.

What was up with him?

"Storm, Spectra, the prisoners have escaped. We just found our guards who were watching them unconscious on the floor."

"Idiots," I said angrily and Spectra didn't look faze.

"That's quite alright Storm, it makes everything so much more fun."

I give him an agitated look and he returns it. Finally, I sigh and walk alongside him getting onto his ship. I crossed my arms and we returned to headquarters.

That night, I was awoken by a strange light. I blinked hard and raised my head to hear faint voices. I put my mask on and thought to myself. Something out of this world was happening and I stepped out of my room.

"Titan, what is going on?"

"I don't know Grace. Must be a portal or something."

"Are you okay?" I hear a voice ask me and I turn to see Spectra and Gus walking towards me.

Spectra's hair was dishevelling as if he just woke up. He peered at me through his mask and his voice sounded almost caring.

"Yeah, I'm alright," I tell him reassuringly, "But what's going on?"

"It seems as though a rift in the space time continuum," Professor Clay commented and he led us to the laboratory.

Voices were now registered and I could hear the brawlers speaking. Their voice echoing.

"Dan is that you?" A man's voice asked.

"It is Doc, what can we do?" Dan replied, his voice sounding crushed.

"Clay, what's going on?" I ask through my mask.

"It seems as though the dimensional barrier is weakening and that resulted in a residual effect. Like the falling cards earlier, this shows that the barrier between the two worlds is damage. We're hearing voices from the human world."

Man, they sounded annoying.

"I'm sending you coordinates. Take Runo there immediately," the man said as the lights faded away.

"You got it!" Dan called out.

We exchanged excited looks, "Looks like we're going to have a little fun."

"Come Gus, Storm," Spectra tells us and Clay frowns.

"Hydron won't be pleased with Storm going out on such a mission."