"Keith?" she asked me in a small voice.

The tone... It was so heartbreaking. She seemed so fragile in this one moment.

"I'm here Grace. It was just a nightmare. It wasn't real."

"It felt real," Grace said worried.

"Hey, it wasn't. How about you tell me what happened. That might help," I suggested and she nodded her head in thought.

"I was restrained by guards for refusing to marry Hydron. Zenoheld somehow discovered our relationship. I don't know how. You were beat up so bad. He put you through the torture machine. All I remember was your cries as you were faced with unspeakable pain. I've never felt so scared in my life. Afterwards, you stood at the base of the throne."

Her voice choked at the end and I urged her to finish.

"You were killed, Keith. He killed you because I refused to cooperate."

I wrapped my arms around her protectively.

"I was so powerless to stop him. I should've done something. I shouldn't have let you die. I should've died instead of you and-" Grace wept and I stopped her with a kiss.

"NEVER say something like that," I told her sharply.

She didn't say anything. Instead she just tucked herself closer to me.

"Don't worry Grace. I won't leave you, I promise," I reassured her and she nodded her head.

I continued to stoke her arms soothingly. Soon, Grace settled down and she was sleeping soundly once again. It pained me when I looked at her when she thought of dying instead of me. The thought was too dark to consider. Grace was one the one thing that kept me grounded throughout this. If she ever died, I'd be descended into insanity.

I looked up at the ceiling in thought. I have heard rumours of the king's torture devices. Grace never told me if she experienced them and I don't ever recall that happening to her. The king liked her too much. Hydron on the other hand, I wouldn't doubt he's been acquainted with such a painful tool.

I sighed in thought of tomorrows epic battle. I planned to test Mira on her loyalty. I had high hopes although the rest of the Vexos, Grace included, had their doubts. She would battle against the resistance and she was going to like it. My plan was to watch the whole battle and watch as I emerge victorious. Grace was coming with me to watch whether she liked it or not.

The anticipation of tomorrow's battle caused my face to fill with delight. I grinned and closed my eyes calling it a night.

Grace's P.O.V

When I opened my eyes, I feared that the night before was merely a dream. That Spectra was gone and I was on my own.

Nervous, I turned only to find my nose in someone's chest. I inhaled the intoxicating scent relieved. He was still here.

About ten minutes later, I realized I had to go to the washroom. I let out a deep breath in thought. I didn't want to wake him up. He was so peaceful and I kept him up so late last night.

Carefully, I slid my body out of his grasp. I beamed with pride at my idea. I was overjoyed when I was at the edge of the bed. I was about to do my happy dance when I was suddenly pulled back.

I let out an annoyed sound as I turn to see Spectra wide awake.

"And where do you think you're going?" He asked amused.

I narrowed my eyes, "Am I not allowed to go to the bathroom in my own room?"

Spectra shrugged his shoulders.