Gus and Spectra joined me.

"It's good to have you back Lync and what of Spectra?" Hydron's voice registered.

"Oh, he doesn't suspect anything. He's been up to his old tricks. Strutting and trying to boss everyone around."

"Excellent. Then I will have him battle for me a little longer. And what of Grace?"

I see Spectra clench his fist and I elbow him hard in the side much to Gus' dismay.

"Last time I checked, she seemed to be baiting Mylene on. The two would not stop bickering. But it does make for some good entertainment."

"Well Lync, as her new bodyguard you should be preventing that. How about you bring her to me? The three of us need to discuss some important matters. And what about Spectra's little 'crush'?"

I see Lync scoff, "Please. Those two? Non-existent."

"I see, very well. I will see you soon Lync. And remember, I am counting on you."

Hydron cut the call and he looked at the three of us.

"Count on me? You can count on me to do what's best for me," he mumbled and eyed us three.

He stepped forward.

"Well, I best be off with Storm," Lync states linking my arm with his.

Spectra narrows his gaze and Lync pulls me away. I give him an apologetic look and elbow Lync to the side. We continued to walk in line until we were in the common room.

The screen opened to show Hydron sitting on his throne and twirling his hair. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Ah, Grace you returned. Welcome back. Did you have fun on Earth?"

His tone was mocking and he wanted me to come crawling back to him. His gaze was hard and expecting me to crack.

"Firstly, the name's Storm. Secondly, Earth was eventful to say the least. I would go again," I say back.

Hydron looks back at Lync and I with a horrified face. he recomposed himself.

"Ah, Grace, you don't get it, do you? You're not to be part of the Vexos. You're meant to be with me ruling above it all," Hydron said sadly.

"My Lord Hydron," Lync chimes in, "I suggest we keep her with the Vexos. The king would be most pleased with the end result."

Hydron hardened his gaze and I swallowed. I didn't want Lync getting in trouble for this.

"I advise against it Lync. Why would I do that?" He scowled.

"Simple, Spectra is expecting you to whisk your girl away and go crawling back to your father. By letting her stay, you won't be revealing any weakness to anyone," Lync reasoned.

Hydron nodded his head agreeing.

"Very well, but she is your responsibility. Should the Beta City Controller fall, she stays with me."

"Agreed," Lync said as Hydron hung up.

I glared at the screen and then at Lync.

"I tried to buy us some time, didn't I?"

"Well, we can't fail," I state flatly and turn around leaving Lync on my tail.

We returned to the control center and saw the map of the city. There were two red dots blinking at the perimeter.

"Time to complete the collection," Shadow said hysterically.

"Indeed," Mylene agreed and forcibly transported the two brawlers into the arena.