𝒂 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍

sorry for the hiatus
the story won't be ending as soon as I expected it to and you will see why
enjoy -peachtroye xoxo

WARNING:
SELF HARM

if only I had known that that decision would've changed our lives forever

"He's going to cry it's inevitable." I tried to convince jack that no matter what he did it was still going to break his heart. I understood that ruel had formed a bond that possibly he got his heart attached into, they could've possibly fell in love. "I don't like seeing people cry.. I just wish he would breakup with me first." Jack's voice was low and he starred at his feet rocking on them. I ran a hand through my hair watching jack wallow in his own feelings.

"It's what's best for the both of you, you know that right? Ruel wouldn't have been happy in a relationship that was one sided." I cupped the boys cheek and he looked up at me a small frown on his lips. "You're right.. will you come with me?"

I shook my head declining, god only knows how bad things would've went if I accompanied him past the door infront of us. Though it was a big three story house with a beautiful garden outside I wouldn't be able to enjoy the atmosphere. "You know you have to do this, but remember you're never alone. I'm not leaving till you're back. We are a team." I wrapped my hands around the boy pulling our bodies together. I leaned in kissing his forehead before letting the boy go. He gave a small smile and looked past me at the flowers. "I'm scared to do this because ruel self-"

Before jack's hand could reach the door it opened and ruel appeared apparently watched the entire scene play out. "H-how dare you?" He chocked out his eyes widened just like the two of us. The three of us in shock of the situation that was beginning to unfold rather hectic. He snatched jack's wrist and starred down at him disgusted and I was speechless observing." How dare you disappear all night and then show up with him!" He yelled while jack shook his head.

"Ruel it's not what you think! Ruel just hear me out-" Jack started in a panicked voice. I had never seen Ruel raise his voice or tremble the way he was now. Tears were already pouring from his eyes and he didn't know that the worse was yet to come. For some reason ruel appeared to be a different person than one I had met before, he seemed unstable and not in control of his own emotions. Had jack known this side of him or was this new for him as well? He didn't know why everything was unfolding and he was already becoming a mess so easily. Jack reached his hand up to the boy and rested it against his cheek. "Ruel don't cry-"

"You asshole!" He suddenly screamed and a loud slap echoed through the air. I felt my world freeze infront of my eyes as I stood still like an idiot, mouth agape. "I was going to tell you this the easy way but it's over!" Jack screamed back and ruels eyes widened. "I hate you!" Jack cried falling against my chest. I looked down to the boy who was sobbing rather loudly, I still found it hard to process the situation. "You will never lay a hand on him ever again." I spoke on the brink of moving jack and hurting ruel.

I had never felt as angered as I did in the moment I had watched ruel act out of anger. He deserved more than the few words I spoke but I couldn't help but notice the hold of jack's arms wrapped around me.

"I love you." Jack spoke in the silence of the dark bedroom. I ignored his kind statement as countinued to wipe his cheek with a cold wet cloth, he said it made the sting feel better. "I love you jack." I mumbled pretending I didn't care.
Though it was evident I did care, I often thought about how we ended up here. It had to be the result of a stray Cupid arrow that didn't mean to actually hit us. Nonetheless I was greatful for such a stray arrow, At this point in our relationship I couldn't even imagine kissing another person again. I had fallen head over heals for the boy. From rival to lover, it was a rare story indeed. It was odd starring at a person and only being able to feel love. It was a foreign feeling indeed, sometimes I felt like I was in a cheesy romance novel, beacause these things never happened in real life.