𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌

I sat beside jonah with my head on his shoulder thinking to myself. I had been distant with jack for the past four days and I knew today was the day. "Jonah.. I need your advice." I pleaded.

but after a moment of silence he only said one word. "No." I wasn't surprised though because jonah didn't speak much these days let alone get out of bed so I was lucky enough to be sitting with him now. Daniel turned to look At me and smiled kindly. "I can help you."
I nodded contently and watched daniel continue to fold his and Jonah's laundry. "I have to break up with jack because I was blackmailed.. but I think I love jack."
My head hurt and the last words rolled off my tongue so easily I couldn't even to deny it. I was falling for jack Avery and I couldn't help it but maybe love was too strong for this moment..but maybe later love would be the perfect word.

"Well.. if you love jack you'll do your best not to break his heart and either way you will. I believe you should break up with him because blackmail won't last forever but try to keep jack in close range. Tell him a reason that will make him understand but give him hope of being with him again later." Daniel explained rubbing his tired eyes before going back to folding the clothes. I sighed aloud knowing the fate that lye ahead.
The fate of our relationship
I was going to break jacks heart and nothing was going to be the same again.

I sighed and looked at Daniel pondering his new life with Jonah, I knew daniel needed jonah but neither of them seemed happy. "Daniel do you still love jonah?" I asked looking over to him. "Yes, but he's changed a lot and I couldn't say I don't miss the old him. He doesn't speak as much and he's afraid to show his reaction"

I glanced at jonah but still kept my head on his shoulder. "I'm not used to jonah being like this either..he seems like a zombie."
The earned a chuckle from Daniel that turned into a fit of laughter. "You got that right! It's like we talk and he doesn't even hear it." Daniel continued to laugh

he was laughing through his pain and I could see it.

"Maybe jonah should see a doctor.." I said in all seriousness and Daniels laugther died down. He shook his head not looking at me. "He's fine."
"You know this isn't normal Daniel.. He needs to go back home so his mom can take him to a doctor. He's clearly depressed-"

"HE'S FINE!!!" Daniel yelled earning Jonah's attention. "Daniel why are you yelling?" Jonah whispered but loud enough for the two of us to hear.  Daniel came over infront of jonah and kneeled down tears filling his eyes. "I don't want to loose you again love..I can't, not again." Daniel shook his head and caressed Jonah's cheek.
Jonah didn't respond he just looked down at daniels tears and didn't even react.
After all it was hard getting a word from on jonah nowadays.

"Where have you been?" Jacks lip quivered a bit when he spoke. I could see in his eyes he had been crying latley. The state of his room told the story of his current frustration, his room always told a story of how he was feeling latley. "I've been busy baby.." I replied letting the pet name slip from my lips.
The last one I would be able to say.

"It's been four days..no call or text..I was worried about you. You know I care so much about you.." Jack spoke stepping towards me. It pained me to take a step back and I could see I was breaking his heart by the way his eyes gleamed.

"Don't you care about me?" He asked quietly when I stood further away from the boy. "I think I need space..." I chocked out but maybe he could tell I didn't want to do this. I needed him to know I still cared so much for him.
"Space from what love?"

"From you, Jack I think we need to break up."

He looked down at the floor and then up at me once more his eyes watering and his face confused. "what did I do wrong?"
i looked at my wrist and slipped off the bracelet he gave me some time ago. I gelntly gazed my thumb over the charm that has 'Z+J' engraved on it. "Don't get me wrong jack I still like you but now isn't our time." I approached the trembling boy who was paralyzed by his tears. I wanted nothing more than to hold him but all I did was grab his left hand putting the bracelet in his hand.

I tried to pull away but his hand tightened not letting me go. "I need you to stay you fucking dick." He cried aloud shaking his head holding my hand tighter.

Our hearts were breaking and there was nothing that could be done to stop it.

And as in realization of the fate of our situation he let go dropping the bracelet as well as my hand.

"Now is not the time, please forgive me." I apologize trying to hold back. I turned and left quickly running down the hallway ready to endure this heartbreak. As soon as I made it out the door I felt the tears hit my cheeks and the pain of the situation begin to settle in my heart.

"Don't you come back then." Jacks voice echoes from his open window.

If only he knew I did it to avoid breaking his heart.

___________________________

Are you crying? I am- peachtroye

also introduction to a new character next chapter