Chapter 21

Poseidon POV

"I will reach out to Sally about the situation. Triton will you visit Rhea and inform her?" I ask Triton the moment we return to Atlantis.

"Of course father, I will head out right away," he replies and was gone in a flash of light.

I reached Sally's apartment and the moment I opened the door, she knew that I came bearing bad news.

"What happened?"

"The other gods knows about Rhea's existence, but along with Triton we convinced them that Rhea is Triton's daughter," I reply.

"Do you think they will harm her?" she asks me.

"I don't know. I gave them a warning that if anyone attacks her..." I say clenching my fists. Sally takes my hand in hers and rubs it in circles.

"Everything will be okay. You'll see," she reassures me.

I pull her in a hug and say, "Thank you. I needed that."

We sat down and talked about different things, her life with her despicable husband, my life in Atlantis and the balance we had to keep now with our daughter. Rhea's schooling.

All of a sudden Sally frowns and asks worriedly, "Poseidon, were all of the Olympians there?"

"Yes, why?"

"Wouldn't the god of truth know that you lied?" she asks.

I pale at the revelation, "He would. I need to go."

I left Sally with a hug and a kiss on her cheek, going to Apollo's home on Olympus.

Apollo finally opens the door after I knocked.

"Uncle P," he greets.

"Apollo, we need to talk," I greet back and he pales at my tone of voice.

"Sure Uncle P. Come in, he responds, "I know why you're here. I promise I won't say anything to my father or anyone else on the council," he says the moment the door closed behind me.

"You know we lied," I state.

"I do. I had a visit from Atropos, Lachesis and Clotho a day before the council meeting. If the hadn't come, I probably would've told everyone that you lied," he admits.

"What did they say?" I ask worriedly. They rarely interfere with our lives.

"They told me about the council meeting and that a powerful demi-god will be revealed. And that the child will be yours. They didn't mention that the demi-god is a girl. They did say that if any harm comes to her because of my actions, then I would live to regret it."

"I don't understand," I say loudly, voicing my thoughts.

"Uncle P?" he asks confused over my statement.

"The Fates, they rarely interact with anyone. And this is the second time they have intervened in her life."

"You're right, it's rare. What happened the first time?" he asks confused.

I told him everything, from the moment I laid my eyes on her until now.

"My father will not like it one bit. He will try to kill her when he finds out," he says.

"He now knows the consequences and when I see him again, I will reiterate it to him."

I left Apollo, who was still reeling at the new revelations and I felt confident that I had another ally on the council.

The ocean raged along with my emotions, sinking one ship along the coast of East Asia and only once I saw Triton did I calm down when he told me how Rhea took the news.

He convinced the school that he is her father, he spoke to her and she took it well enough.

"She's being bullied, that's why she was so upset," Triton said angrily.

"Why?" I ask, feeling the rage come back.

"The others don't like how different she is, how smart, and so they bully her."

He told me everything she said almost word for word, and I felt miserable because I couldn't take her pain away. I'm going to destroy those mortals.

I was ready to go to her school and take care of those pest problems but fortunately Amphitrite and Triton told me to wait and speak to Rhea herself to see what she wanted.

"You want to protect her Poseidon, we understand. But you can't kill everyone who upsets her," Amphitrite says.

"I can and I will. Watch me!"

"This might make Rhea even more upset Poseidon. Speak to her, get her opinion on this."

"Mother's right, we can't be hasty. This is a learning process and as much as I would love to feed them to the sharks, she could blame herself for their deaths," Triton responds.

"She doesn't have to know that we killed them," I grumble out, knowing that I had to be careful about this. I could scare Rhea off; she might hate me if she had to find out that I killed people for her. She cares too much about others even if they are pathetic, useless wastes of space. If any one of those mortals comes close to my domain...

Rhea POV

Actions have consequences, I've learned that early on in life, but now I know that I messed up. The gods know about me and I'll be in even more danger than before.

I really hope I'll survive all of this.

When I saw Triton, I swear I nearly fainted. I knew from the moment I saw him that I was in trouble. He explained that the gods know and that not all of them believe that I am his daughter due to the power surge I caused in the school.

I, in turn explained why I exploded in such a way and I have never seen him so mad before. I tried to calm him down the best that I could and we spoke about how I was doing so well in school, skipping grades and all that.

"I'm so proud of you Rhea, you are one of the few demi-gods who can do this. If you don't slow down then you'll be done with school within the next year," my brother comments.

"That's the plan Triton."

"Don't be too hasty with this; you're still an eight year old child," he says worriedly.

People always worry over these things. He doesn't understand that I'll be going to camp soon and that I'll want to finish my education as soon as possible. I'll always be different.

"Yes, an almost nine year old with an IQ of 147 and counting," I respond wittily.

"But you're still eight."

"And three quarters," I reply with a smirk. Gosh, I can't even look intimidating with my age.

"You're impossible," my brother retorts exasperated.

"Thank you."

"That wasn't meant as a compliment," he says, rolling his eyes.