CH.65 Time Stands Still

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I wish I could go camping," Maksim moved away from his mother's fussing hands.

"Gem asked you if you wanted to go," Mavi laughed.

"I don't want to go without Clare."

"Clare is too young to go camping," Mavi sat down on the arm chair as she reached for the baby's burping cloth.

"Do you think Uncle Alec can take me camping here in Juniper?"

"You can call and ask," Mavi smiled. "I'm sure he won't say no."

"Max!" Owen's voice called from downstairs. "Your girlfriend is here."

Mavi burst into laughter as she watched Maksim's face turn red. Her little man jumped off the bean chair he had been sitting on and pouted.

"She's not my girlfriend!" He yelled.

Downstairs, Owen and Adam held back their laughter as they heard Maksim stomp down the stairs. Owen watched his son pout like his mother as he folded his arms across his chest.

"Where is she?" he asked.

"Sheesh," Adam laughed. "So ready to take my daughter away from me already?"

"She's not my girlfriend," Maksim said again.

Just then, the front door of the house opened and a tall brunette with sparkling blue eyes walked in with a little girl who could have been her carbon copy.

"Hey June," Owen said before he bent down to the little girl. "Hello, Margo darling....Is Max your boyfriend?"

Margo nodded eagerly, "Yes! We're going to get married and live in a castle with a dragon and ponies and butterflies."

"Does he know that?" Adam asked, pointing to Maksim.

"I don't care," Margo shrugged.

Owen howled with laughter as Maksim stomped his feet. He watched as Margo ran up the stairs and left Maksim behind to follow. And sure enough, after a minute Maksim groaned like an old man before he followed the girl upstairs.

"Thanks for watching her this weekend," June said to Owen as she walked into Adam's arms.

"Yeah, of course," Owen nodded. "Anytime....You two go have some fun."

"Oh we will," Adam turned to his wife laughing. "Shall we junebug?"

"Lead the way," June rolled her eyes.

Owen waved them goodbye as they stepped through the portal. He took the stairs two at a time and hurried to the nursery.

"Your future daughter in law is here," He said as his eyes landed on his princess.

"No wonder I haven't heard from him in the last ten minutes," Mavi said. "Babe, can you please put her back in the crib?"

Owen rushed forward as Mavi handed the sleeping baby over to him. He lowered his head and placed a soft kiss upon her head before placing her back in the crib. As he watched her sleep, Mavi's arms wrapped around his waist.

"She's beautiful," She said.

"Just like her mother," Owen turned and pulled Mavi in for a kiss. "I love you, baby girl."

"I love you," Mavi leaned into him and gave him soft peaks.

"How long do we have to wait?" Owen asked as he started to kiss Mavi's neck.

"6 weeks." Mavi laughed.

"That seems so long," Owen groaned. "I want to make another Radacovick now."