CH.48 Leave your mark

Chapter 48

For the rest of the day, Mavi and Owen didn't leave their room. They stayed in bed together and took comfort in each other's arms.

"Caspian said we will have.....a lot of kids," Mavi said as Owen played with her fingers.

Her tears had dried in her eyes, leaving them puffy and red. She was exhausted as her body laid against Owen's chest.

"Of course," Owen said. Mavi felt him smile against her ear.

"He said they had big brown eyes," Mavi turned her head to look at Owen.

A slow smile pulled across his lips. His eyes searched the stormy clouds in Mavi's eyes as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ears.

"I hope we get one or two with gray eyes too," Owen wished.

"I want them all to look like you," Mavi closed her eyes and sighed.

"That's not fair," Owen laughed. "I want a few little Mavis too."

Mavi couldn't help the smile that formed on her lips. She knew it would take them time to get over their loss but they were strong, and with Owen by her side, she could take on any challenge.

"Do you remember the first time I met you?" Owen whispered into Mavi's ear.

Mavi pulled his arms closer around her and nodded.

"As you were coming down the stairs, you were laughing with Gemma," Owen said. His hands still continued to play with Mavi's fingers. It was almost as if their fingers were doing a waltz.

"I remember looking at your eyes and hearing your laugh," Owen continued. "I thought to myself, my god....now that's a queen. I was enchanted by how effortlessly beautiful you were. And at the same time I also found myself insanely jealous."

"Jealous?" Mavi opened her eyes. "Of who?"

"Of the man that you would give your heart to," Owen leaned down and kissed her cheek. "Seeing you that day was the first time I felt regret about joining the King's guards."

Mavi's breath hitched. She pulled away and turned in Owen's arms. Looking into his eyes, she placed her chin on his chest and looked up at him though her lashes.

"And then in the plane, Alec would not shut up about how different you were.....he was drooling over you."

Mavi laughed thinking about how that information would have sent her over the moon a few months ago. But now it just made her feel silly.

"I wanted to punch the kid," Owen laughed at his own memory.

"I would have never known, Owen Radacovick," Mavi gazed into her mate's face and tilted her head to one side.

"Oh I tried very hard to keep everything buried,"

"Why?"

Owen looked at her as if she was crazy, "You were the heir to the throne! I was a king's guard. And not to mention you brother and father would have killed me."

"I would have saved you," Mavi teased.

"Hmmm," Owen laughed. "My knight in shining armor."

"Did you ever want to kiss me?" Mavi didn't know why she felt herself blush. They had done much more than just kissing together.....yet waiting for his answer made her heart pound like a hammer.

"The first time I wanted to kiss you was our first day at St. Rieka," Owen confessed. "I brought your stuff to your room and you were going on and on about making speeches and not being ungrateful.....honestly, I didn't hear a single thing you said back there. All I kept thinking about was the loose piece of hair on your face. I wanted to push it away and then pull your face closer until I felt your lips against mine."