CH.35 I have nothing

Chapter 35

"I'll coordinate with Edward and have him send out more King's guards," Owen said as he paced the living room floor.

As soon as they had figured out it was a pixie that dragged Mavi into the lake, Xavier and Owen marched her straight home. Upon entering the house, the two turned the living room into their war room. Xavier was in one corner making calls to the palace, Owen was on the other corner calling the packs and the King's guards.

Mavi sat on the sofa with Manya's arms wrapped around her. She tried to help but she didn't know where to start. It seemed as if the two men had already covered all bases.

"I'll have the pack comb the area and evacuate any pixies they come across," Owen said to Xavier.

"The woods are dense," Manya pointed out. "They could be in the woods."

"She's right," Xavier said.

"I will call Alpha Jax and the other packs," Owen picked up his phone. "See how many men they can spare."

Xavier turned to Mavi with a frown, "Are you sure you don't want to come back home? Your mother and I would feel so much better with you near us."

Mavi shook her head, "I don't want to."

Owen's eyes lingered on Mavi for a few seconds before he turned to Xavier.

"Juniper is a small town," He said. "We can control what comes in or out. Gemma already has a shield up, with more king's guards and pack members on their way. I think this is the safest place for her."

Xavier thought about his words for a while before nodding. He checked his watch and sighed.

"I'll stay in contact," He said, getting up. "Let me know if anything changes."

"You're leaving?" Mavi frowned.

Xavier walked over to her and placed a kiss on her forehead, "I have a flight to catch."

"I've been meaning to ask," Mavi said, looking up at her father. "Why did you fly here? You could have used a portal."

"With all that's going on with the travelers, I thought it would be safe to not open any portals around you,"

Mavi sighed, "Makes sense."

She got off the sofa and wrapped her arms around her dad, "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you more, love," Xavier held her close. "Come home soon, okay?"

Mavi nodded, "Tell mom I miss her, and Gem and even Eggs."

Xavier laughed, "I'll let them know."

A few minutes later Mavi watched with a heavy heart as Xavier and Owen talked by the door before Xavier waved to her and got in the car to the airport. She stood on the door steps and watched until the black car disappear down the road.

"Are you okay, princess?" Owen asked as he wrapped his arms around her from behind.

Mavi took a deep breath and leaned her head back against his shoulder, "Yeah."

"You miss your family?" Owen asked.

Mavi nodded as she felt a little choked up.

Owen's face dropped to a frown as he sensed her sorrow, "We could go back."

"No," Mavi shook her head. "I like it here. I like being normal with you here."

"Nothing will change if we go back to the palace," Owen told her as he turned her around in his arms.