44

A week had passed, the swelling on her ankle had reduced, she no longer needed the crutches and her ribs too had slowly begun to heal.

Unfortunately it wasn't the same for her mother's health. Somehow her mother had developed a fever, worsening day by day. If she didn't get the medical attention soon, things could go very wrong. She didn't have any money for medicine, and she'd doubt that Yoongi or Namjoon would have the savings to afford medicine either.

She sat leaning against the wall besides her mother's make shift bed. Namjoon was generous enough to make another one. The girl hugged her knees, burying her face into her legs, as she listened to her mother's laboured breaths.

"Hey girlie."

She hums in response.

"Namjoon finally caught a deer, I've brought you some food." 

"I'm not hungry." Her voice came out muffled.

"More for me then." Yoongi said grinning.

Receiving no response, he made the decision to sit next to her, resting his back against the solid wall.

"What's wrong, I ain't the best moral support. But I'm willing to listen." He said, peering at her face through the gap at her elbow.

"There's no point, she's dying and there's nothing I can do." She replied.

Yoongi sighs.

"You could eat, starving yourself wouldn't make the situation any better." He said placing the plate in front of her, the aroma of the cooked meat caused her stomach to rumble.

"How caould I eat when she's like this? After finally being able to get away, but it may now cost her, her life. If I knew it would have come to this, I may not have run."

"Stop feeling sorry for yourself! You've done everything as far as I can tell for this woman."

"But it's not enough." She mumbled through her small position.

"It is and it will be, now eat, or I will eat it instead."

---------------***---------------

"You'll get a back ache sleeping like that." Namjoon's voice causing her to wake up.

She must have dozed off, again, she never was like this. Dozing off in unusual places that is.

"Sorry." She said getting up.

"You haven't eaten?" Namjoon asked, seeing the plate untouched.

"I thought Yoongi would eat it." She replied.

"He already had two plates full, where did he go?" Namjoon questioned.

"I think he went outside." She replied.

Namjoon shook his head, muttering under his breath about how Yoongi was being so irresponsible. Right on cue, Yoongi walked in, with a small pouch in hand, throwing it at the girl.

Fortunately she caught it, she looked at him with a puzzled expression. What was it?

"Just open it." Yoongi said rolling his eyes.

Her fingers fumbled with the tie.

Medicine!

It was medicine!

"How?" She asked.

"I bought it." He said.

"With what money?" Namjoon asked.

"With my savings." He replied, folding his arms firmly over his chest.

"You don't have any savings."