14

She ran as fast as her feet could carry her, she wanted to be as far away from that monstrous man as possible.

He was the most despicable man she ever came across.

How would he feel if someone kept him away from the only loved one left? Clearly he did not have a heart.

Someone grabbed onto her hand causing her to come to an abrupted stop.

"L-let go of m-me Mr Jeon." She managed to stutter, tears still continued to escape her eyes and cascade down he cheek.

Jungkook sighed, pulling her into his embrace, she tried to push him away, but he was far too strong.

"My love, I did not mean to yell at you nor make you cry."

She stayed silent, her tears causing his shirt to dampen.

"My love, answer me please."

She still gave no response.

Jungkook let out a sad sigh.

"If I let you see your mother, will you promise to listen to me then?" He asked.

She nodded instantly, looking up at him, her eyes were red and puffy.

Jungkook gave her a small smile, he held her hand and guided her towards the room her mother was located in.

As soon as her gaze found her mother she ran into her emrace, the girl began to cry once again.

"My child, what is the matter?" Her mother asked as she wrapped her arms around her daughter.

"I-I thought I lost you." She said sniffing.

"Why I still got a few years left in me, isn't that right Jungkook." Her mother said smiling, looking over at Jungkook, who stood leaning against the wall.

"Of course mom, you have the energy to live up to a hundred." He replied, he let the lie slip out wishing it were the truth.

"You have no right to call her mom after what you put me through, she's my mother not yours." The girl said her voice sounded croaky from all the crying she had done, as she glared daggers towards Jungkook.

"What did he put you through? I'm sure you must have misunderstood, he is such a lovely boy after all. "

"Why are you taking his side? He kept me away from you for 3 days! And threatened me claiming that if I came to the hospital in attempts to visit you, he would not let me see you for a month." She said looking at her mother, now that she looked closely, colour that had once returned to her mothers face had some how vanished leaving her deathly pale, and heavy eye bags hung beneath her eyes.

Her mother looked at Jungkook in confusion, awaiting an explanation.

"Her health was also at risk by seeing you in such a state, so I could not allow my love to go through that, sadly I could not prevent her from coming to the condition she is now."

"Are you ill my dear?" Her mother asked her.

"I am fine." She replied, she half hoped Jungkook would not tell her mother about her not eating, it will only cause her to worry more.

Jungkook was about to say something, but stopped himself by seeing the pleading look in her eyes.

"My love we should take our leave."

"Why?" She asked hugging her mother tighter.

"I need rest my child, but can always visit me another time." Her mother said smiling.

She did not want to leave her mother, she wanted to stay with her forever, but she could tell her mother needed rest, so she nodded kissing her mother's cheek before following Jungkook out of the room.

---------------***---------------

Today she opened the store, it had felt like it had been a while since she had done so.

So far only two customers had come and gone, both asking the future of similar things.

Grabbing the closest book off the shelf, she began to read.

She missed reading, when her mother used to run the store, she used to have so much free time that she would spend hours and hours upon reading endless tales, but ever since she opened the store she never found the time to read a page or more.

She was so lost in the book that she didn't hear Jungkook enter the store.

"My love, what are you reading?" His voice causes her to jump.

"You startled me, never sneak up on me again." She said, closing her book.

"I did not mean to frighten you my dear."

"I am not frightened, just simply startled, that's all."

"If you say so, you love books, am I correct? I have a rather large library at my mansion, I'd happily show it you and you may take as many books as you like."

"What brings you here?" She said ignoring his question, but on the inside she wished she could just look at his library. Since he is a wealthy businessman he always claims to be, she was sure he was not lying about the library. But by accepting his request doing so would mean that she is possibly falling for Jungkook's charms, and she could never allow herself to do that.

"I have brought you your medicine, and chocolates." He said smiling, he knew she could never reject the chocolates so he brought some with him.

"I am perfectly healthy." She said, eyeing the medicine if it were poison.

"You promised to listen to me." He replied.

"Fine." She said sighing in defeat, she would not have taken the medicine, but just as Jungkook said she promised. For as long as she could remember she never went back on her word, so she took both the chocolates and the medicine from his hand and placed it to aside.

"My love, you need to eat the medicine now."

"I'll have it later."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, fully aware that she would not have it later.

Sighing, she poured herself a glass of water and took the pills.

"If have accomplished your mission, you may leave and attend to your more important business."

"My love, how can you say such a thing? Nothing is more important than you."

The cliché line made her want to gag, but instead she rolled her eyes.

"Your flirting has no effect on me, please go and woo some other woman."

"I could never bring myself to do such a thing when I have you." He said grinning.

"You do not have me, so your free to do as you please."

"Don't be so stubborn my love."

"I am not stubborn, you are."

"How so?" He asked smirking, how she wished she could slap that smirk off his face.

"By thinking that I'd ever agree to marry you."

"That's not stubborn, it's just simple facts."

"You are wasting my time."

"The time spent with me is the highlight of your day."

"In your dreams."

"My love, you do not want to know what kind of dreams I have about you." He said smirking.

She gasps, her cheeks turning slightly pink.

"I have taken the medicine, you may leave now." She said.

"I shall visit you soon." He said, he whistled an unknown tune as he exited the store.