3

The sound of her heals clicking against the wood floor echoed slightly as the girl made her way towards the door and flipped the sign to open.

It was another day, another day with hardly any customers. The store never had been popular, as many didn't believe in things such as fortunes. But there were some that relied on it far too much.

The last customer was the one and only Jeon Jungkook. Even though she wished she could have kicked him out yesterday, she needed the money. He didn't pay in silver or bronze like her usual customers, well her mother's usual customers. He paid in gold.

Her eyes widened as he had placed the valuable metal in her hand. He had given her one last smile before exiting the store.

She couldn't deny that he had made her heart beat rapidly, but she just ignored it and excused it as her body needing more oxygen.

She sat back in her seat and looked down at the crystal ball that sat on the table.

The curtain of beads that hung at the door rattled, catching her attention.

"Hello, how may I help you today?" She said as she looked up.

"You may help me by telling me how our future shall be the best thing you have ever come across." Jungkook said smiling, as he entered the store.

"I am sorry Mr Jeon, I am sure what I had told you yesterday has not changed."

"Call me Jungkook, and there is no harm in looking." He said, with a smile.

"If that is what you wish sir, please take a seat."

She got up and grabbed a deck of cards off the shelf, as Jungkook made his way towards the table and sat down.

She spread out the cards evenly just as she had done before.

"Choose three."

Jungkook selected three and handed them over to the girl.

"Well?" He leaned his head into his hands as he looked at her curiously.

"There is no difference. I have already told you our fate will not change."

"Lets try once more, I just chose randomly, perhaps that's why it hasn't changed."

She shook her head.

"It will make no difference."

"Lets just do it again, I will pay you triple what I paid yesterday."

She scoffed.

"Gold will not change ones fate, nor will showing off your wealth, but since you so strongly want to see once more, I shall."

She picked up the deck and shuffled them and spread them out once more.

Jungkook slides his fingers across the surface of each card before carefully selecting three.

He handed them over to the girl.

She looked at them and shook her head.

"There must be something wrong with the deck." He said.

"There is nothing wrong with my cards."

"Then are you saying it's me?" Jungkook asked, raising his eyebrow in question.

"Sir, I am only here to tell you what I see, not what you want to hear."

"But I'm paying you more than any customer has ever give, or am I wrong."

"It is true, but that makes no difference."

"Why?"

"Because paying me more will not change anything other than me having enough to live off for both me and my mother."

"Is that why you took over the shop?" He asked curiously, he had heard that an older woman once ran the store. But when he came to visit the shop itself he found this girl instead.

"Yes."

"I see, that explains it, you don't have much experience do you?"

"How dare you say such a thing, you don't even know me."

"Well that could change." He said smirking.

"I would prefer if it didn't."

"Why?"

"Why do you so badly want us to have such a relationship?" She questioned him.

"If you tell me your name I will give you my reason."

"That is personal, and you have no reason to know it." She said folding her arms.

"But you know mine."

"You told me your name by your own will, I did not ask it, nor did I put a sword to your neck to force you to do so, so there is no reason for me to tell you mine."

"My lady, I will find out your name one day, and one day our fate will be perfect, but for now good day."

He placed his payment onto the table and bowed slightly before existing the shop.

Author's Note: What do you think of the story so far?