Epilogue - Part Two

Since everyone from college was now at home with their parents before heading back to their colleges. Someone, I don't really know who, sent out invitations to go to a party. It was a reunion of some sort, a way to catch up with one another after graduating. Normally, I wouldn't go seeing as how I'm still a shut-in, but when Chris decided that he wanted to go to see Kelly again, Philip and Loren encouraged me to go with him.

              "Someone to watch your brother while he drinks endless with his old friend," Philip tells me.

              With that, I agreed easily. I couldn't let anything happen to him if he was going to party. Someone should be responsible and drive him and possibly Kelly, if he's too drunk out of his mind, home. And, unluckily, it was going to be me.

              Plus, Loren said something about catching up with my old friends too.

              So, I decided to dress up nice. A tight black leather dress with a sweetheart neckline and with no sleeves, matching it with high-knee high-heeled boots did the treat. It gave me the power not to fix my hair, just let it fly with the wind, and my makeup that I was wearing already.

              As we approached the party, Chris suddenly taps on my arm a couple of times before pointing at Kelly. "I gotta go sis. I'll call you when I need to go home, okay?"

              I nod. "Go party like a wild animal."

              He chuckles, running to Kelly who sees him coming halfway and they hug. "Damn, I missed you, brother."

              "So, did I!" Chris laughs.

              The place was nice, it was filled with people I graduated with, some greeting me and some just ignoring me and catching up with their friends. The loud music filled the air and I look around, people were on the couch, and some were already making out, acting like they were still in high-school.

              Right as I turn to another room, I see someone waving at me.

              My heart starts jack-hammering against my chest. It felt like bile was going to rise out of my throat and make me throw up the chocolate mousse I just had. But when I start to follow it, I notice the woman's blue eyes staring right in front of me.

              Thank God.

              "Son of a bitch," Caroline runs to me, wrapping her arms around me. She's gotten even more pretty, her hair is curled, that's the only thing that she's changed and still, she looks better than me. "I missed you."

              She was still beautiful like the day I met her.

              "I can't believe you showed up!" Alison nudges me at my side. Her hair's gotten shorter, and has highlights now. "Damn, I owe Zach and Kev twenty dollars."

              My brows furrow. "You bet on me showing up?" The two women in front of me nodded and chuckles. "Where is Zach and Kev anyway?"

              "Here!"

              And there they were, the last two of my high-school friends. All four of them standing in front of me with red cups holding up to their lips and chugging with whatever alcohol was in there.

              "Okay, group hug!" Kevin, sporting a beard, yells out. Without warning, all of them turn to hug me, crushing me under their arms. "Ali, Care, you owe me twenty."

              The two women grunts, shoving twenty dollars at the couple's palms who cheered for me because I showed up and made them forty dollars richer.