Six - The Gossip Girl

Map says turn right and I did and now I don't even know where the hell I am now. I know how to read a fucking map but this map is just probably old and wasn't updated to the changes they made to this place.

          I'm instantly regretting when I told Christian and Kelly that I absolutely don't even need their help in getting me to my locker or class. Now, it's my first day, and I'm going to be dubbed as the new girl who was late to her class because she probably thinks she's cool or something.

          "Hey, excuse me?" I turn to the female voice behind me, immediately catching the girl's beautiful blue eyes. She was pretty – shaped brows, diamond face, and full Cupid's bow, pink lips, above shoulder length, blonde hair, and thin nose. She was wearing a white dress with pink floral prints on it, complimenting her petite size. "Are you lost?"

          Normally, I would let my snarky, sarcastic side take over but I knew that if I did that, I wouldn't make any friends in this place and that would just disappoint mom and dad. They didn't raise someone who was rude to people—well, okay, most people. So, I nod and give her a smile. "Yeah, can you point me at the right direction on where my locker is and my first class?" I walk up to her, handing her the paper that the receptionist at the principal's office gave me. "Here, they gave me this."

          Her thick, shaped brows immediately furrows at the map. "They gave you an old map. Ms. Jenny probably didn't realize it. Anyway," her head rose up to stare back at me and she gave me a genuine smile. "let's go find your locker. I'm pretty sure this one is beside my friend, Kevin. Follow me."

          My feet were trying to keep up with her. For some reason, even when I was already taking long strides, she was still faster than me and she wasn't even running. "I'm Rosalie Murdock, by the way," I tell her, giving her a small smile. "I'm new."

          She chuckled a little bit. "I'm Caroline Thomas."

          When we stop over the left side of the corridor, Caroline taps the boy that was holding his physics book in his hand. When he turns, I get a full look on him. He was a taller than her but still shorter than me. He was wearing a dark blue shirt that complimented his chocolate brown eyes that was the same color as his hair and skin. He was obviously matching the definition of "tall, dark, and handsome." Smiling at her, they hug for a little bit before he noticed me, awkwardly standing behind them.

          "Who's she?" He nods at me, the way people point at someone but actually nod.

          Caroline rolls her eyes before turning to me. "Rosalie, this is Kevin. Kevin, this is your new locker buddy, Rosalie, so drop the act that you have going on and don't pretend that you're not actually nice."

          "Hi," I wave slightly before placing my hand back down to my side.

          When I thought he would actually ignore me, he doesn't. Unexpectedly, he smiles wide and gives me a hug, catching me definitely off guard so much that my eyes widened at the sudden contact, and I had to fight the urge of the instinct to pull them off of me. "It's so nice to meet you!" He laughs. "Sorry 'bout the whole being rude thing. I just had to make sure you weren't like Cassie."

          "Kevin!" Caroline reprimands him with a hushed tone, slapping his arm when he let me go. "Don't say that just out of nowhere, will you?"

          My brows furrow at them in confusion. "Who's Cassie?"

          Before either of them can speak, I'm suddenly taken aback by a girl at the same height as me which was five-foot-six. Her hair was the first thing that caught my eyes; it was dyed green and fading down into a blue, curled and styled like one of those nineties movies that actress used to rock. Her skin was light brown, her brown eyes slightly small and upwards, her thin lips were glossed over with some pink lipstick. She was wearing a plain dark green shirt tucked under her high-waist jeans that complimented her body.