Twelve - Defensive Trait

"I still do not like this."

              "Oh, come on!" Caroline yells, and I could tell she was rolling her eyes at me. "By your height and body, I could already tell that this dress is perfect for you."

              The cocktail dress was black, short, and sleeveless. The top was a halter one and was covered with sparkling beads and the skirt was clearly sewn in to act as a dress and the garter around it hugged around my stomach. It was beautiful, don't get me wrong, I was just a little alarmed by how high the skirt went up.

              I think this dress is shorter than the denim shorts I wear around my room as I paint.

              "You have it on?" Alison calls out. "Because I'm ready to see the two of you!"

              "Yep!" Caroline answers.

              In a count of three, we all draw the curtains back, stepping out of the dressing room and seeing on another. My eyes widen at the sight of my two friends—they looked incredible in the dress that they chose.

              Caroline was in an off-shoulder royal blue dress which emphasized her blue eyes and showed off her perfect legs while Alison was in a red lacy dress with spaghetti straps and a sweetheart neckline that showed off her cleavage and her curvy body.

              Why do I feel like I'm the DUFF girl in the movie between her two hot friends, one that makes them really look good? Probably because I am.

              "You look so good!" Caroline grabs both of my arms, forcing me to turn around and show them the dress. "The halter top looks good on you. Although, I do admit it is a little bit shorter than our dresses."

              "Hey, what happened to your leg?" Alison points at the long scar on the side of my thigh. From what I remember, it's thinner now than the last time I observed it so it must be fading little by little now. "That looks like it hurt."

              It did.

              I've gotten too drunk to realize what was happening. I was aware for a second but I blacked out the second. The next morning, I woke up and was in a room with my brother who was yelling at me, without even compassion for the hangover I was having, and the pain I was already feeling around my thigh.

              I was wearing the same shorts I wore last night before I blacked out but the bandage around my thigh was new, and there was blood seeping through already.

              "Do you realize how much damage could've happened?" He crosses his arms, throwing me his phone and showing me a video for me to play.

              It was actually me, throwing the shot glasses down on the ground, creating a dangerous place to walk in. I see Cara and Jack in a distance away from me but my drunk self still noticed them. That's when I realized that I was actually creating a circle of glass shards around me so they wouldn't be able to get close to me.

              "Just calm down, Rose!" Jack shouts, his hands in the air as a way of gesturing that he had no weapon on his hand. "Look, let me just take you up to your room and—"

              "NO!" I scream, my tear-stained face was so obvious and clear in the video. "You and everyone are just assholes! You all want drama? Now, you've fucking got drama."

              I turn around to the bar, grabbing something on my left and face Jack again. This time, pointing at him and Cara with my own Swiss Army knife in my hands, threatening very loudly that I was going to cut them for betraying me and that I wasn't somebody they should mess with.