chapter 34

(previously)

"Well." She hesitated. "The reason why I left is that I-"

She was interrupted by the wailing baby. Francisca instantly went upstairs as she heard a baby crying.

I was left confused and left alone on the couch.

After moments passed, Francisca then comes downstairs with a baby in her arms. She sits in front of me as she rocks the newborn back and forward.

"Fran. Whose baby is this?" I declared, confused.

She nervously nibbles her lip and looked away.

"...Mine."

•••

What?! Am I dreaming? Please someone pinch me.

"What?!" I hesitated, confused. "I don't believe you."

I crossed my arms and she nervously nips her lip before she rocks her newborn.

"Well, it's mine," she explained, calmly.

"H-"

"And if you're going to question me, then that's why I brought you. I trust you, and you're my best friend," she said.

She interrupts me as I was going to ask her many questions.

She understands me so well.

"Ok then," I mumbled, continuing for her to communicate.

"Well, this is the reason why I left," she halted, sadly. "I was just scared...I thought he would leave me just because I was pregnant. So I disappeared and never came back. I mean we were young! Until I saw you at the mall one time and thought I need to explain why I left. I couldn't tell anyone but you, because I love you and you're my best friend." She explained, sadly and at that part, she then grinned.

I caressed her around tightly and she giggled, ignoring that her newborn was there. Her baby begins to scream by the tightness so I instantly pulled away to check if I harm the baby.

"Aww. You're so cute," I cooed at the baby.

Francisca furthermore giggles and provided me with her baby. I shook my head and indicated that she desires me to carry the baby so I gave up. I can't help it, the baby is so beautiful and adorable as constantly.

I gently glanced at the baby one more moment and declared, "Wow, you and Kappy are too good at mixing babies."

I gulped and realized what I hardly meant, I glanced at Francisca as she commences to gaze off and sob against her shirt.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry, Franny." I confessed, sadly.

"No, it's alright. I just...missed him," she announced, sniffling her nose and her tears.

"We know, Franny. It's okay," I whispered, smoothing her down.

"Did anything happened to him?" She asserted, quietly and nervously nibbled her lip.

"Well, he's been sloppy and he misses you a lot."

"Oh," She mumbled, sadly as she looked away.

"As you didn't know about the secret." I muttered, quietly. I looked away and obviously didn't need her to listen to what secret I said.

"What? What secret?" She declared, worriedly. She brightened up and bridged her arms.

"Uhh." I sputtered.

Seriously.

"Monica Elizabeth Nylander, what secret?!" She asserted, loudly. I looked away and stammered.

"Well."

She lifts her eyebrow and waddles the baby back and forth as she's been loitering for me to say what secret I was discussing.

"Kappy was going to propose to you the night you disappeared."

"What?!" She yelled.

She settles her baby down and stood up before she yells.

"What do you mean?" She bridges her arms and sat down on the sofa then.

"He got an engagement ring for you that night and you disappeared. We all guessed that you left because you were scared of him proposing to you. But now I know why you actually left. Knowing that you have a child and the father is Kappy?!" I shouted.

"Well, yeah. I thought we had a protection."

"Congrats, you had a baby," I mumbled, sarcastically. Francisca gently grabbed the baby furthermore and giggled as she announced, "Yep. He's 7 months old,"

7 months old?!

I broadened my eyes and grinned presently that Kappy's a father and we have a nephew!

I should do a happy dance when I go back to my house.

"He's so cute." I chuckled as Francisca coos and settles a silly face in front of him giggling.

"What's his name?" I said.

"Ryder Theodore Kapanen."

"That's so beautiful," I let out, in awe.

"Thanks, I was thinking that maybe I should change it so Kappy could change it if he wants to." She glances at Ryder one extra moment as she clarified to me.

"Aww. You guys are so cute together." I declared, in amazement. As she told that, I begin to imagine what it would be with a family like Kappy, Francisca and their children.

Francisca commences blushing as she looked down to the ground and to Ryder.

"But it's alright. Kap will love it...with you guys." I said, sadly at the last part. It's okay to vanish particularly existing frightened about your experience the first time. But with Francisca was truly difficult and heartbreaking.

"I know I'm really sorry," she confessed, apologizing after what happened to us ahead she disappeared.

"It's okay, Francisca. It's okay to be scared." I declared, steadying her down as she evolves anxiously.

"I know but I miss him so much," she hesitated. "I love him,"

What?!

"What did you say?" I asserted, surprised. I stand up, bridging my arms and lifting my eyebrows.

"Uhh." She sputtered, speechless.

"Oh my god! Francisca Belle Morris is in love with Kasperi Kapanen?!" I screamed, cheerfully.

She initiates to glow dark red and glances away over.

"Shh." She suggests to Ryder who appears to be napping quietly.

"I could imagine you guys again," I meant, moved my hands on my chest as I cloud gaze. She blushes furthermore and giggled as I cheerfully hop back and forth. My phone goes off as it interrupts my happy dance. I yank it out and swiped my phone as I settle in on my ear.

"Yes." I asserted, angrily.

"You have to come to the hospital!" William declared, breathless.

"Why? What happened?" I let out, worriedly.

"Kappy had a car accident!"

I gasped.

•••