Intro

In the middle of the night, a midnight walker roamed the beach of LA. He wore his black beanie hanging so far behind, it was threatening to fall. He thought it represented well his life, as messed up as it was, so he copied the statement in everything: his jeans lacked the belt that would have kept them in place, and his white shirt was baggie. He took each step with a lazy attitude as he wasn't aiming to get anywhere anytime soon.

He stopped and took his lighter one more time, to light the remaining of the joint he had started a while ago. He breathed in the smoke and reveled in its taste, hoping to never get off his current high. The night was still young and he would ride it as long as he could.

The peer was badly lit, but the moon was the only other company he needed to get by through the darkness of the warm night. The ocean mirrored it as a copycat, but it didn't burn as brightly as the original.

The distant music of the waves was interrupted by something heavy falling on the sand, right between the shore and the peer. The bystander stopped and stared as he saw a girl in a long white dress roll on the sand as if she had just dropped from a moving car.

"Raphael!" she yelled as she tried to stand up, but her knees gave out and she fell again. "Raphael!"

There was no car to be seen. Had she fallen from the sky then? The boy had to rub his eyes and blame it on the now questionable quality of his drugs, but the girl didn't disappear, no matter how many times he told himself that she wasn't real. His feet finally obeyed his senses and he ran to her.

He dropped next to her—a young woman with curly dark hair— and held her. The poor creature was trembling and sobbing, touching her back as if something were missing.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"He took them," she cried.

Her back was wet but very warm, not at all as it would be if she had just got out of the ocean. So if it wasn't water, then what was it? He took out his phone and turned on the flashlight, only to find her white dress completely drenched in red. Blood gushed out her upper back.

"Who did this to you?" he demanded shocked.

She touched her back once again, staining her hands even more. "Father..." she whispered, complaining as if this atrocity were merely an unjust punishment.