Scene 8

"You can't possibly be so stupid." Azazel followed the detective close behind as she left the building and got into her car. Crossing her arms, feeling ignored, she went decided to the other side and got into the copilot's seat. She remained serious, looking forward, as the detective glared at her.

"What are you doing?"

"You can't go. It's dangerous." A camera had caught Patrick walking in the middle of the city and the detective was hell-bent on going there to apprehend him all by her lonesome. She had refused to wait for backup, saying that by the time they got to the scene, he would have been long gone, so she wanted to at least catch a glimpse of him and follow him. But Azazel doubted that if the detective saw Belial, she would have enough self control to stop herself from confronting him. He would kill her.

"So, what. You think I won't go if you're here?"

Azazel turned to her hesitant. "Yeah..."

"Azazel, that demon has only been here for a day and he has already killed a man. Do you not sense the feeling of urgency?" Chloe asked. "You are a celestial that can't die by human means. Why would you getting into my car stop me from going? If anything, I can use you as shield."

"I would rather you didn't," Azazel said, "This blouse is Gucci and Taehyung wore it once at a concert. It would be kind of annoying if I were, I don't know, shot or stabbed. And honestly, I have to go back to Lux. I don't have time to stop you from getting yourself killed."

"Are you getting out of the car then?"

"No."

Chloe started the car without arguing more and, thought Azazel stared at her wide eyed, she didn't argue either.

"Plus, if we find the demon you can always use whatever powers you have," Chloe reflected, not taking her eyes off the road.

Azazel frowned and looked away. "You know I can't do that," she whispered.

Chloe exhaled, mentally slapping herself as she remember that Azazel didn't have powers. "Right. I forgot. Sorry."

"Which is why is important you don't get us killed," Azazel said but she only got an soft hum of acknowledgment from the absentminded detective. She took her phone and started typing as frantically as she could without catching the attention of the detective, who drove expertly through LA.

———————————————————————
Chat with: Family disappointment #1

On our way to Belial
Call me
Lucifer
Lucifer
Luce
Luce
Yo
Luce
L
U
C
I
F
E
R

———————————————————————

"Why won't he answer?" Azazel sighed.

"Everything alright?" Chloe asked, darting her eyes to Azazel's phone, but the reflection on the screen stopped her from seeing who she was texting.

"Uh, yeah. It's Lux stuff, don't worry about it."

———————————————————————
Chat with: Family disappointment #1

What

I'm on my way to Belial.
I'm with the detective

You're taking her?!

It was her idea!
I'm just tagging Amon
Along*
Trying to stop her from getting killed
You're welcome, btw

———————————————————————

Her phone started to ring and she picked up before the detective could see who it was.

"Yeah?"

"You need to stop her," Lucifer said.

"You think I haven't tried?" Azazel threw a side glance to detective Decker, making sure she couldn't hear Lucifer's voice. "You're going to have to find that package before anyone else does."

"I'm on it." He sounded like he was on the move. Maybe he would be able to find Belial before they did. "Azazel?"

"Yeah?"

"Protect the detective."

"Hurry up so I don't have to."

They hung up at the same time and she rubbed her face with a sigh. A minor car accident would be lovely right about now, she thought.

Yes, this scene is short, but I only write what the scene asks me to, and this was enough! Continue in the next episode but remember to like this one and leave a comment!