Scene 6

Azazel knocked on the door of the house while she shoved her phone in her back pocket. She had to use it to get there. She still wasn't familiarized with most of LA and when Lucifer told her the direction where Mazikeen was probably staying, she knew she would have to make use of technology.

Phones had been a pleasant surprise for Azazel when she first came into contact with humanity. Whatever question she had, however trivial or difficult it may be, it always had an answer some mere seconds away. It had really helped her adapt to this new world. And it had helped her to manager Lux perfectly within merely a few weeks!

The door opened and she looked straight ahead, ready to talk but finding no one.

"Hi," she heard from below.

Looking down, there was a girl.

"Tiny," Azazel whispered surprised.

The little girl was holding onto the door, swinging it slowly as she looked at Azazel. She had her hair braided and her outfit seem to have been stolen directly from a mannequin of Desigual.

"Yeah?" the little girl trailed off.

Azazel felt suddenly that the girl had a similar energy than that of Detective Decker, constantly changing, but this one was lighter, as if it hadn't burned as brightly as it was supposed to. Maybe she still had to grow more, but Azazel could feel the potential she had. Lucifer had told her this was Detective Decker's home, but he hadn't mentioned the little human. She was clearly the detective's daughter. "Sorry," Azazel smirked, "I'm looking for Mazikeen Smith."

"I'm Mazikeen Smith," the little girl said.

Azazel grinned and bent to be at the same eye level as her. "You are Mazikeen," she repeated, incredulous.

The girl nodded once.

"You are Hell's most ruthless demon?" Azazel stated sarcastically.

The little girl frowned confused, clearly not knowing what she was talking about. Azazel stood straight, amused.

"I guess Lucifer picked you as travel companion because you are portable."

"You know Lucifer?" the girl asked, excited, jumping a bit, "Is he back?"

Azazel wasn't fast enough to say her made-up excuse before a woman appeared behind the little girl. She was serious and didn't bat an eye as she analyzed Azazel from head to toe. She didn't give Azazel any energy at all, it was a constant void.

"Mazikeen, right?" Azazel presumed, "At least you look the part."

"What do you want."

"Can we talk?" Azazel asked.

"We're talking," Mazikeen said, crossing her arms. The little girl copied her, though she kept a charming smile on her face.

Azazel grinned. No one at the Silver City was so rude on their first impression. They could become flippant later on, but that would take some time. Mazikeen went straight to the carotid, with not even a bit of foreplay.

"Alone," Azazel added without breaking eye contact with her.

"Trixie stays," she declared.

Trixie, the little girl, tilted her head from one side to the other smugly.

Azazel gave up with an amused sigh. "Alright..." she said, "I'm looking for Belial. He's escaped Hell. You used to be buddy-buddies with him." She rose her brow. "So, do you know where he might be?"

Mazikeen puckered her lips, thinking. She did not know this young woman, but Azazel seemed to know a whole lot about her.

"Who did you say you were?" Mazikeen asked.

"I didn't," she replied, "I'm Azazel. Lucifer's sister."

"Never heard of you."

"I'll try not to take offence."

"Don't try too hard."

Azazel smirked and licked her lips, counting back from five in her head. "Look, I need the info. Now. You can just give it to me. Or I can take it." A flash of golden swept across Azazel's eyes, changing their color for a second. She hoped Mazikeen wouldn't realise that was the only trick in her hat. If the demon refused to cooperate there wouldn't be anything else she could do to change her mind.

Mazekeen straightened out, grinning and uncrossing her arms. "Now I can see the family resemblance," she said, amused, "If Belial is here it's bad news. But there also has to be a reason. He likes it in Hell too much. I don't know why he would come here."

"So, what's the reason?"

"Beats me," Mazikeen said, "He never understood why Lucifer came here in the first place. I imagine he must have been pretty thrilled when he went back, so I don't know why he would come himself."

"Do you know where he might be?" Azazel asked.

"Find his reason, and you'll find him," she shrugged.

"Yeah, OK. But how do I do that?" Azazel urged, losing her patience.

"The guy loves two things: Hell and torturing people," she said, "Has there been any weird murders?"

"How the Hell would I know that?" Azazel whispered.

"Start there, then." Mazikeen grinned again. "Think like him. Get into his head, but be careful. That thing will be disturbing."